Photog mag recommendation?

becky323

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good photography magazine?

It´s like saying "What´s the best car to buy?"

What´s your level of experience?
What kind of photography are you interested in?
Digital or traditional?
Colour or black & white?
Where do you live?

I always recommend National Geographic. It always has first rate photography.

Ah I suppose I should have clarified a bit. I guess that's what I get for trying to sneak in an email at work. I am a beginner freelance photographer looking for tips and to learn as much as I can! I have a Canon 20D. Essentially I am looking for a good mag that can teach me tricks of the trade and Photoshop tips would be handy too!

Ah I suppose I should have clarified a bit. I guess that's what I get for trying to sneak in an email at work. I am a beginner freelance photographer looking for tips and to learn as much as I can! I have a Canon 20D. Essentially I am looking for a good mag that can teach me tricks of the trade and Photoshop tips would be handy too!

Well, I never really read a photography book, but isn't this what books are for, and not magazines?

Just go for the Photoshop User mag.
It's not a photography mag though.

Photoshop is such an involved application that simple tips from a non-photoshop magazine wo'n't really cut it in that area.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good photography magazine?

The UK publishes a number of magazines I really like. My favorite is 'Digital SLR Photography' closely followed by 'Digital Photographer'.

I also like 'Practical Photography' (also from the UK) and "Popular Photography' (from the US).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Marina

Personally I like Outdoor Photographer and Lens Work. I do also get Layers and Photoshop User since they are 'sort' of related, but personally I don't think Photoshop User is as consistently good as it used to be.
(Long time NAPP member)

Regards,
Peter Witham

It´s probably easier, faster, cheaper and more specific to google what you want to know...
Really...;)

Three of my favorite photo magazines are:

PhotoLife
B&W (I'm running ads in that publication for my black and white work)
Digital Photopro

Hope that's helpful :)

Most reactions

Back