Photography Contests?

shelby16

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys!
So I've been looking online for photo contest (just something for fun) and I'm haven't really found many that were still open. I may be googling the wrong thing, but I thought there would be more! Specifically for wildlfe/birds.
What is your favorite photo contest? Do you guys even enter any?
Just want your opinions and thoughts on contests in general.

Thanks,
Shelby

Do you like giving your images away? That is usually one of the requirements! Not always... but often!

99.99% of photo contests are a scam to get you to pay an entry fee.

Also if you read the fine print in the contest you also give them full rights to the image you submitted, even if you don't win.

Also if you read the fine print in the contest you also give them full rights to the image you submitted, even if you don't win.

Hey.. I said that already!!!! :greenpbl:

This is true. I didn't think of that. It makes sense, because sometimes the rules are that you DON'T write your name on the photo... sketchy!! Thanks guys! ;)

OP, no I don't enter them . My pix are not pretty in gen, so they would not win. I try to get my pix in museums and into rare book libraries.

Hey.. I said that already!!!! :greenpbl:

Do you like giving your images away? That is usually one of the requirements! Not always... but often!

Yea but I wanted to make it a little more clear then just saying giving the images away.

Many newcomers to photography may not fully understand that "giving the images away" means that you are not just giving them a copy of the image but you are also giving them full rights to the image and that they can legally do what ever they want with it to make money for themselves.

Most reactions

Back