Photoraphy blogs

Yuma

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been blogging on different sites since I ventured onto the internet many years ago. However itw as always with sites like blogger or wordpress. I don't want to use a template and I want to start a blog documenting my journey as a photographer but I want my own url and website however I cannot build websites. Where so most of the other photographers get their blogs made? Any advice?

Thanks.

I use Wordpress for my blog - a free account there gets you quite a lot of functionality and your own wordpress web address. If you want more you can pay to have your own webpage and such.
It might be cheaper to host the site yourself; but something like wordpress gives you all the bare bones building tools to work with so can prove far easier to use for those who don't have experience building websites.

I use Wordpress and have been pleased thus far. Easy to manage and update, even on the road.

The site is basic but many of my clients like being kept up to date with where I am and what I am doing...

You can go through wikipedia for that information. that is the suitable place where you can get what you want exactly. Thanks

+1 for wordpress.

you can use it with your own domain name if you wanted

hi everyone,
i am share this info to all if have a wedding photography problem
so u can tell me i am provide a best place for u the bride
is the best place for u and all this is amazing photography
your wedding Costs a little bit of money but it is a great service.
thanks

Sweet soliloquy in iambic decameter!

I use WordPress. Most web hosts offer "one click" installs these days. No coding necessary.

I have been blogging on different sites since I ventured onto the internet many years ago. However itw as always with sites like blogger or wordpress. I don't want to use a template and I want to start a blog documenting my journey as a photographer but I want my own url and website however I cannot build websites. Where so most of the other photographers get their blogs made? Any advice?

Thanks.

It sounds like you may have some experience in this arena.

What it seems like to me, reading your post, is that you want to make the step into the next level. If that is so, it is going to require a larger effort on your part, or having a company or person help you develop just what you are trying to achieve.
One way or the other, you will have to spend some money.

1. The least costly in terms of $ is you buying a program and learning how to work it. Time will be your largest investment here. Time is money, so you will need to know how good you may be at learning this material, if your time is worth the effort.

2. Spend more money up front, and less of your personal time in the development end, as someone else is going to be working on that end.

Good luck in whatever method you choose, keep us posted.

I'd definitely go with wordpress. It's a standard now, and it's open source which means it's free and there are a ton of coders out there making plugins to do whatever you can imagine for them to do.

I wouldn't host through wordpress - too much $$$. I've heard good stuff about bluehost. Get your domain through godaddy, all you'll have to do is set the name servers on go daddy to point to bluehost (both blue host & godaddy can help you with this)

There are a lot of great themes out there, just search until you find one that matches your personality.

Hi all

Another vote here for wordpress.

I run a wedding photograhy group in Cheshire that has 22 members and we ALL use wordpress.

Most of us have paid for the prophoto3 theme which is specifically designed for photographers.

Take a look at my blog at Cheshire Wedding photographers in Cheshire, Lancashire, Manchester, Staffordshire and The Wirral to get an idea what it looks like.

You have to go with wordpress in my humble opinion as not only is it free but it also gives you the best SEO options,

Good luck

Mike McCann
Northwest Photography
http://www.northwestphotography.co.uk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back