Photos from Cozumel

Tschnitker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's been a while since I've taken a trip.

Spent 10 days in Cozumel, here's some of the photos I brought back.

Equipment used was 70-200 F4, 50 1.8, 10-22, 1.4ii, 60D

#1. Stray dog I befriended. Met him near the beach one day (photo was during our initial encounter), he was very very timid and testy with us. Took him a good 5+ minutes to finally approach us. We gave him some bread, water (all I had on me) and a few minutes of love before leaving. Didn't see him for 2 more days, but on the third day he ran up to my wife and I and laid down next to us under a palapa. Once again, I gave him water and a couple loaves of bread. On a side note, his right ear was always flopped over, while his left was always "normal". Is this due to genetics or injury?

iYyvrZf.jpg

#2. Nothing really special, I just thought the contrast of the blue/green looked neat.

VXrxqnn.jpg

#3. This sailing ship came in one afternoon while I was gone. Really wish I could have seen it at full sail!

1wner9x.jpg

#4. A Black Vulture waits for a meal.

tmW1cdk.jpg

#5. I was driving near the beach and saw this guy sitting on a little mound, out in the open. There have been a LOT more crabs than I've ever seen in 7 trips to Cozumel, but never have I seen one who stayed out in the sun without running off.

ISPk5wj.jpg

#6. A Turkey Vulture circles overhead.

OUT6XCm.jpg

#7. Portrait of an Iguana.

2BwNWJ7.jpg

#8. Rafael, a Kite Boarder I met one afternoon. I saw him go down in some rough seas, he had become separated from his kite/board with each being about 150 meters away. I brought in his kite while directing him to his board. I'm not 100% certain, but maybe 50% certain he would have drowned trying to recover both without my help. He's pretty hardcore though as after spending a few minutes on shore he went back out again and I grabbed this photo.

upexiob.jpg

#9. My wife paddle boarding at sunset. My plan was to photograph her with the sun as it was setting, but the clouds covered up the sun about 20 minutes too soon =(

YZKDWxN.jpg

Any critiques on composition or editing are appreciated.

BlackSheep

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Those aren't the typical vacation photos that I was expecting when I opened this, nicely done!

The photos of the dog, the crab and your wife are the best of the bunch IMO in terms of composition - each shot has a clear (i.e obvious) subject without other distracting elements. The shot of Rafael is also quite good - nice job getting his face.

OP
T

Tschnitker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Those aren't the typical vacation photos that I was expecting when I opened this, nicely done!

The photos of the dog, the crab and your wife are the best of the bunch IMO in terms of composition - each shot has a clear (i.e obvious) subject without other distracting elements. The shot of Rafael is also quite good - nice job getting his face.

Thanks! The kite boarder was rather difficult to get since they have to ride outward into sea when hitting a wave, thus either giving me a profile shot or a nice picture of the back of their head. I was pretty happy to see his face and not have it entirely covered by all the rigging.

PropilotBW

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
The expression on the surfers face was a SPLIT second from being priceless, if his handle wasn't covering his mouth. Nice catch on it though.
The crab is awesome too.

kathyt

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Very nice set. I adore the one of your wife. The color is amazing.

tirediron

Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Photos OK to edit
Far too many for which to provide detailed C&C, but overall a nice set, and definitely well above the level of 'average vacation snap'!

Most reactions

ClickASnap

New Topics