Photos from Cozumel

Tschnitker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's been a while since I've taken a trip.

Spent 10 days in Cozumel, here's some of the photos I brought back.

Equipment used was 70-200 F4, 50 1.8, 10-22, 1.4ii, 60D

#1. Stray dog I befriended. Met him near the beach one day (photo was during our initial encounter), he was very very timid and testy with us. Took him a good 5+ minutes to finally approach us. We gave him some bread, water (all I had on me) and a few minutes of love before leaving. Didn't see him for 2 more days, but on the third day he ran up to my wife and I and laid down next to us under a palapa. Once again, I gave him water and a couple loaves of bread. On a side note, his right ear was always flopped over, while his left was always "normal". Is this due to genetics or injury?

iYyvrZf.jpg

#2. Nothing really special, I just thought the contrast of the blue/green looked neat.

VXrxqnn.jpg

#3. This sailing ship came in one afternoon while I was gone. Really wish I could have seen it at full sail!

1wner9x.jpg

#4. A Black Vulture waits for a meal.

tmW1cdk.jpg

#5. I was driving near the beach and saw this guy sitting on a little mound, out in the open. There have been a LOT more crabs than I've ever seen in 7 trips to Cozumel, but never have I seen one who stayed out in the sun without running off.

ISPk5wj.jpg

#6. A Turkey Vulture circles overhead.

OUT6XCm.jpg

#7. Portrait of an Iguana.

2BwNWJ7.jpg

#8. Rafael, a Kite Boarder I met one afternoon. I saw him go down in some rough seas, he had become separated from his kite/board with each being about 150 meters away. I brought in his kite while directing him to his board. I'm not 100% certain, but maybe 50% certain he would have drowned trying to recover both without my help. He's pretty hardcore though as after spending a few minutes on shore he went back out again and I grabbed this photo.

upexiob.jpg

#9. My wife paddle boarding at sunset. My plan was to photograph her with the sun as it was setting, but the clouds covered up the sun about 20 minutes too soon =(

YZKDWxN.jpg

Any critiques on composition or editing are appreciated.

Those aren't the typical vacation photos that I was expecting when I opened this, nicely done!

The photos of the dog, the crab and your wife are the best of the bunch IMO in terms of composition - each shot has a clear (i.e obvious) subject without other distracting elements. The shot of Rafael is also quite good - nice job getting his face.

Those aren't the typical vacation photos that I was expecting when I opened this, nicely done!

The photos of the dog, the crab and your wife are the best of the bunch IMO in terms of composition - each shot has a clear (i.e obvious) subject without other distracting elements. The shot of Rafael is also quite good - nice job getting his face.

Thanks! The kite boarder was rather difficult to get since they have to ride outward into sea when hitting a wave, thus either giving me a profile shot or a nice picture of the back of their head. I was pretty happy to see his face and not have it entirely covered by all the rigging.

The expression on the surfers face was a SPLIT second from being priceless, if his handle wasn't covering his mouth. Nice catch on it though.
The crab is awesome too.

Very nice set. I adore the one of your wife. The color is amazing.

Far too many for which to provide detailed C&C, but overall a nice set, and definitely well above the level of 'average vacation snap'!

Most reactions

Back