Photos from recent hike for C&C

Black Dog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am a total beginner with a couple of photos for C&C.

3982139928_3495736f9b.jpg

On this landscape there is something going on with the light and slight haze. Would this be solved with a filter of some sort?

3982139628_2ddd0fb5a9.jpg

Last edited:
Ok I cut and pasted the corresponding URL from my flickr account into the "insert image" and all that appears is the box with a question mark? I read the tutorial on sticky for posting images, but maybe not carefully enough. Please pardon me while I mess around with this and try to get the images to attach properly.

Ok now I have the links to the images to appear properly, but I know it is preferable to have the images just appear... still working on it.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Last edited:
to make your images appear here, go to the "All Sizes" option in flickr. Below the photo is a box that has a url ending in ".jpg". Copy and paste that and surround it with
tags. It should look like:

hxxp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3441/3982139628_9d2ec322b2_o.jpg[/url]

Change hxxp to http and you'll be good to go.

As for your photography, they get a resounding 'meh' from me. Interesting snapshots, but not really artistic.

Benlonghair, thank you for the info on getting he image to appear in the post, and the "meh." Now if I could only get my picture taking to the level of photography where it is no longer snap shot-ish.:D

I don't want to discourage anyone from photography, and I hope I didn't come off sounding like a jerk. I think the issue with the second one is a question of dynamic range. It has potential, but the sky and the mountains are far apart in brightness, it's hard to capture. Some post processing work would help with that as well as the haze.

The one with the mailboxes might be better with a wider lens, as I'm guessing there's a hell of a panorama around the summit. There's almost no background, which would be the point of the photo, in my opinion.

I don't want to discourage anyone from photography, and I hope I didn't come off sounding like a jerk.

Not at all. I posted the photos to get better results in the future. The follow up with specific critique and suggestions is helpful and appreciated. Thanks.

Most reactions

Back