Photos vs. Created "Art" in photoshop!?!

I thank you for all your comments and I take them all to heart.

You are right I'm new to photography and have a misplaced sense of "I'm right in my way of thinking". I just wanted to start down the right path, so to speak.

I was confused by what I saw and thus why I started this thread.

As I feel I have gained the insight I so desperately was looking for, I will once again thank everyone and I plan spend some time contemplating the way ahead for me.

Glad I could help :)

Here's one more thing that crystallized for me this morning: art is art, no matter how you make it. If it comes from your imagination and ends up on an observable medium, then it's art.

I understand that I'd get many "who cares" or "what's the big deal" and I suspect every one of those comments is from someone that EXTENSIVELY manipulates photos and that’s fine, to each his own.

the people saying "who cares" don't necessarily EXTENSIVELY manipulate photos all the time. don't assume.

i think i can speak for those who "don't care" when i say the reason we dont care is because it's the end result we DO care about. NOT how we're getting there. (that's the case for me anyway)

if it the way i want SOOC, fine.
if it looks the way i want as the result of hours of photoshopping, fine.
if it looks the way i want because i threw dog**** at it, fine.

notice the constants there...the end result is what i want.

if you consistenly get the end result you're looking for SOOC..great! :thumbup: :D

I understand that I'd get many "who cares" or "what's the big deal" and I suspect every one of those comments is from someone that EXTENSIVELY manipulates photos and that’s fine, to each his own.

the people saying "who cares" don't necessarily EXTENSIVELY manipulate photos all the time. don't assume.

i think i can speak for those who "don't care" when i say the reason we dont care is because it's the end result we DO care about. NOT how we're getting there. (that's the case for me anyway)

if it the way i want SOOC, fine.
if it looks the way i want as the result of hours of photoshopping, fine.
if it looks the way i want because i threw dog**** at it, fine.

notice the constants there...the end result is what i want.

if you consistenly get the end result you're looking for SOOC..great! :thumbup: :D

What consistency? There's no "looks" in the first "if" statement.

I can remember dodging and burning in the darkroom... Now I use a brush in lightroom... I see no issue with that. We use ND filters so as to not wash out the sky in a landscape... Now I use two exposures... I see no issue with that. However I am no fan of removing or adding objects to the photo but that is just me. I do feel I extensive editing takes place (such as adding/removing) then it should be labeled as such... Where that line is... I don't know.

KMH wrote" "Who cares.....as long as the checks keep coming in. :thumbup:"

Need I say more?

epp b wrote: "I went through this stage early on, too. The stage where you believe that photography must a pure, unadulterated craft of right place, right time, right know-how."

That's not what he's saying, go back and read the original post.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back