Photoshop Help: Photoshopping out shadows?

elizpage

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.elizabethpagewalker.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all,

I am having an issue with the photo below.

$IMG_0330.jpg
Obviously, this image is very unrefined. She wants her face touched up, brightened, flaws removed, etc. BUT THERES ONE PROBLEM. The stupid shadow on her neck from the sun. (dammit natural light)

Would this take away from the professional quality of the photo? If so, how do I photoshop it out? X_X Btw, this is one of the shots from the portrait session I had. She wants these put into headshots.

Here's a few more:
$IMG_0362.jpg$IMG_0333.jpg
Overall, the shoot was rather... meh. I should have gone with the 50mm f/1.4 instead of the budget glass like ya'll said. Boo.

Avoid dappled sun light like the plague (top photo).

I would want the creases in her neck gone too.

IMO. Re-shoot instead of trying to edit the top photo.

Shadow on her shoulder?
She is tilted back and greenish.
And her nose has got a bright spot.

I would shoot this in better light with a more space around her

$IMG_0330lllllll.jpg

A re-shoot would be a good idea. The second shot shows blurring from too slow a shutter speed. The third shot has terribly contrasty light, with her hair looking very dark. The background though, behind her--that really BRIGHT area is terribly distracting. The neck creases could have been avoided by having her boy turned more toward the camera. The green tinge to the skin is coming from the light filtering through the leaves of the tree. Overall, yes, a reshoot would give you the opportunity to address the fundamentals issues. You need to stand FARTHER away from her; see how big her nose looks in the 3rd shot? That's from being too close to her. Stand back, and crop-on later. Compare shot #1 against shot #3; her nose looks easily 60% larger in shot #3.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back