Plese tell me if what Adorama did seems legit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen Helen handle multiple issues on here and I am sure she will take care of this one.

I am so very sorry that this was your experience.

I'm not surprised you are upset - and I'd like to help.

Can you please email me your order number? [email protected] I can have a pre-paid label emailed to you, so you can return it at no cost, and I will make sure you are refunded in full, including your outbound shipping.

I'd also like to listen to the call where you were, from your description, you were told to 'like it or lump it' as it sounds as though we may need to implement some targeted refresher training for one or more of our CS staff as we have a very clear 30-day returns policy. So could you also advise me of the time of your call and the number that you called from to help us trace the recording?

Once again my apologies for this mess-up, and I look forward to hearing from you.

[Frustrating, I know, but the listing has been removed because the item is no longer available!]

B&H has never let me down. Adorama however has. Last order they shipped the wrong thing and the one before that took over 10 days to receive. I really used to like them but 2 bad orders in a row are enough for me not to use them again.

I can't ID your order from your posting, but I'd welcome the opportunity to look into this; can you please email me with your order number? [email protected]

Now, that sounds like customer service the way it ought to be done! No quibbling, no excuses- satisfaction guaranteed. Thanks Helen for your response to the OP. I have followed this thread closely because I have had good service from Adorama and had hoped to continue dealing with them in the future from among my choices for purchasing equipment.

Now, that sounds like customer service the way it ought to be done! No quibbling, no excuses- satisfaction guaranteed. Thanks Helen for your response to the OP. I have followed this thread closely because I have had good service from Adorama and had hoped to continue dealing with them in the future from among my choices for purchasing equipment.

Of course they will show good customer service in a public forum where masses of potential customers will see. If you call and ask for help where the audience is not potential buyers its a different story.

Of course they will show good customer service in a public forum where masses of potential customers will see. If you call and ask for help where the audience is not potential buyers its a different story.

You forget that Helen is typically the failsafe rather than the point of calling for help and support. Adorama deals with problems every day (like all major retailers) and I'm sure that the majority are solved without problem. When something like the example in this thread happens however, Adorama has Helen as a final line to help resolve the issue. It earns them negative impressions in the eyes of customers to have threads like this made in the first place so its not ideal for them to shift to resolving these issues via threads - however I do agree it does them great credit that they are willing to resolve issues even after their normal lines have been used.

I should note that, far as I know, Adorama and B&H operate online reps - I'm not aware of any other major traders who do this (I've seen some from WEX/Warehouse express but more in reaction to a large slandering attack by a person online than an actual web rep who works in the same capacity as Helen).

You forget that Helen is typically the failsafe rather than the point of calling for help and support. Adorama deals with problems every day (like all major retailers) and I'm sure that the majority are solved without problem. When something like the example in this thread happens however, Adorama has Helen as a final line to help resolve the issue. It earns them negative impressions in the eyes of customers to have threads like this made in the first place so its not ideal for them to shift to resolving these issues via threads - however I do agree it does them great credit that they are willing to resolve issues even after their normal lines have been used.

I should note that, far as I know, Adorama and B&H operate online reps - I'm not aware of any other major traders who do this (I've seen some from WEX/Warehouse express but more in reaction to a large slandering attack by a person online than an actual web rep who works in the same capacity as Helen).

This kind of makes my point for me. There is a huge difference between great customer service and saving face after the fact.

But my point is that many companies still have customer service issues even if they have good customer care in general - mistakes can and do happen as can misunderstandings. Furthermore a complaint by a customer tells only one half of the story which is never the full story.

I am aware that, in the past, Adorama did have more major problems with their customer care which I believe prompted the creation of Helen's job. Nowadays I would say that its the failsafe for when things to slip through the normal working of things (lets face it Adorama complaint threads are not all that common- they do happen but not too often that one thinks there is a critical company problem considering how many make successful transactions with them).

Personally I approve of the measure.

Funny.... hundreds of thousands of GOOD successful transactions.... and two people (both buying used to to save a buck) are louder than all of those other who have nothing to complain about..... funny how it works that way, isn't it?

I don't recall seeing hundreds of thousands of positive threads.

B&H has never let me down. Adorama however has. Last order they shipped the wrong thing and the one before that took over 10 days to receive. I really used to like them but 2 bad orders in a row are enough for me not to use them again.

I can't ID your order from your posting, but I'd welcome the opportunity to look into this; can you please email me with your order number? [email protected]

This post right here just gave Adorama first looks for ALL of my shopping.

This post right here just gave Adorama first looks for ALL of my shopping.

Do I get commission???

Ask yourself honestly when the last time was that you made a thread stating that you were happy that your computer turned on without issue - or that your car started - or that the TV worked?

Generally speaking people don't make threads when things go well - if things go above and beyond expectations then yes they do make some mention. But if things run as they should the general feedback in forums is quite small - unless someone makes a thread asking.

People, however, complain a lot lot more if something goes wrong.

Ask yourself honestly when the last time was that you made a thread stating that you were happy that your computer turned on without issue - or that your car started - or that the TV worked?

Generally speaking people don't make threads when things go well - if things go above and beyond expectations then yes they do make some mention. But if things run as they should the general feedback in forums is quite small - unless someone makes a thread asking.

People, however, complain a lot lot more if something goes wrong.

Ill give you that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back