Police Deleted My Photo's!! C&C Also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just one example-
The seat belt law

I wear my seat belt most of the time, but I don't think we need a law for it. It should be your own personal choice.

The 'seat belt law' is entirely about generating revenue. That's it.

That's fine, but it sure isn't an unconstitutional law. So don't plan on winning any appeals if you can ever afford that fancy lawyer you mentioned.

That's fine, but it sure isn't an unconstitutional law. So don't plan on winning any appeals if you can ever afford that fancy lawyer you mentioned.

Didn't say it was. We have more than enough un-constitutional laws (every single gun law?), but I don't want to get into that too much because it is a touchy subject around here.

Just an example of a law that many people ignore, and seems to serve no purpose other than making money. If they really cared about safety they would go after the real problem.

Didn't say it was. We have more than enough un-constitutional laws (every single gun law?), but I don't want to get into that too much because it is a touchy subject around here.

Just an example of a law that many people ignore, and seems to serve no purpose other than making money. If they really cared about safety they would go after the real problem.

Ah ok, sorry about that then. I misunderstood what it was an example of.

Sarcasm? (hard to tell sometimes...)

I didn't mean it as an example of an un-constitutional law, just an example of an unnecessary law.

Sarcasm? (hard to tell sometimes...)

I didn't mean it as an example of an un-constitutional law, just an example of an unnecessary law.

No sarcasm; I honestly misunderstood.

However, out of respect to the OP, we should try to get this thread back on topic.

No sarcasm; I honestly misunderstood.

After reading it again, I can see how it could happen.
(I wasn't very clear.)

...Anyway. Back on topic...

I was shooting night life in my town and showing the overwhelming population of Police. Last year I had 4 officers in my dorm room at 4:00am(roommate and I were sleeping) they had to "change my court date" and try and pressure me into letting them search my room. My court date was for an underage ticket that night. First underage is $300 second is $600 something and the third is over $1000. This is a very rural town. in the surrounding towns underage tickets are less than $50, and the officers only hand them out if there is a disturbance. Here they stand outside the dorms trying to catch kids as they walk back to the dorms minding their own business.

I still fail to see a valid reason for the presence of a camera here. An overwhelming police presence? Some people actually want that, You will understand that better when you are older. Where I live you can't buy that and I live smack dab in the middle of two overlapping jurisdictions (Seneca Nation Marshals, Catt County Sheriff) in addition to local and state police departments.

This overwhelming police presence is there for a reason, now tax payers are not going to sit and pay a dozen police officers to sit at HQ all night waiting for phone calls, it doesn't work that way. Sure, sitting in wait for a sure thing citation is a dirty tactic, but it's not illegal, if it where DUI checkpoints, patrol cars stationed at road work sites and many other similar tactics would be illegal. These tactics generate visible results that maintains that presence for when it is really needed. I'd put money on it that that little town you live in is one place where the standard issue rapist is likely caught within hours of commission/report of the crime, where it could take weeks or months around here. From what you put in that post I quoted it sounds like you had half a notion to start a battle that was lost long ago, I'm sorry but staying out late drinking or whatever else is not a right, but a privilege reserved for those at whatever age stated in the penal codes for the given jurisdiction.

I'm sorry you got burned on this by having deleted your photos but, what they are doing there is not of real consequence. Going back to my previous post, Police officers handing out citations isn't really a photoworthy event, Doing so only gives the impression of looking to stir up trouble. Be it public or private, the police departments job is to maintain the peace and if they see anything that gives them the impression of stirring up trouble it is their duty to try to dispatch it before it becomes disturbing the peace. This is why they approached you. This little snare has been abused as of late in the name of national security but I believe this is one occasion where it was not. You gave them the impression of trouble making and then walked right into their trap. Again I am sorry you got burned, but atleast you learned something in that you do not have to delete your images when they ask. I also hope that this helps you be a little more conscientious in your situation weighing and decision making keeping in mind that, just because you can does not mean you should.

*EDIT*

Dammit, that'll teach me to take forever posting in a hot button topic...now I have a dozen posts to catch up on.

I still fail to see a valid reason for the presence of a camera here. An overwhelming police presence? Some people actually want that, You will understand that better when you are older. Where I live you can't buy that and I live smack dab in the middle of two overlapping jurisdictions (Seneca Nation Marshals, Catt County Sheriff) in addition to local and state police departments.

Who are you to determine which reasons are valid for the presence of a camera?

This overwhelming police presence is there for a reason, now tax payers are not going to sit and pay a dozen police officers to sit at HQ all night waiting for phone calls, it doesn't work that way.

No, it doesn't, but taxpayers don't pay thousands of dollars in taxes so cops can harass harmless adults. If cops are bored, they should either work on catching the criminals who are actually harmful, or they should be doing a sudoku. Entertaining themselves with picking the pockets of honest adults benefits no one but the city's bank account.

Sure, sitting in wait for a sure thing citation is a dirty tactic, but it's not illegal, if it where DUI checkpoints, patrol cars stationed at road work sites and many other similar tactics would be illegal.

DUI checkpoints are a completely different story. A DUI endangers both the driver and innocent bystanders. Walking home quietly endangers no one.

No, it doesn't, but taxpayers don't pay thousands of dollars in taxes so cops can harass harmless adults. If cops are bored, they should either work on catching the criminals who are actually harmful, or they should be doing a sudoku. Entertaining themselves with picking the pockets of honest adults benefits no one but the city's bank account.
Welcome to the very nature of government. It's horribly in efficient, often does more damage than it does good, and it bleeds you dry in the process.

It's only going to get worse. Once you empower those cretins (politicians / government workers), they continue to usurp all the power they can and take more and more from you individually. It's a never ending process that ends either in rebellion or a total collapse of government. Sometimes it takes 50 years, other times it takes a 1000... but all governments are destine to failure.

But I digress. :)

Just one example-
The seat belt law

I wear my seat belt most of the time, but I don't think we need a law for it. It should be your own personal choice.

The 'seat belt law' is entirely about generating revenue. That's it.
(Do you really think they care about your safety?)

If you (general you, not you in particular) are fool enough not to wear one, then I don't see why I should be concerned about your life either, unless of course you are a minor and can't make your own decisions yet. It's not about safety as much as finances and since I (and most other taxpayers) don't want to foot the bill for the catastrophic injuries for those fools who prefer to endanger themselves, I am a-ok with that law.

If you (general you, not you in particular) are fool enough not to wear one, then I don't see why I should be concerned about your life either, unless of course you are a minor and can't make your own decisions yet. It's not about safety as much as finances and since I (and most other taxpayers) don't want to foot the bill for the catastrophic injuries for those fools who prefer to endanger themselves, I am a-ok with that law.
I wear seat belts, but seat belt and helmet laws are nothing more than revenue generators for the state. I think they tax me enough already, I don't think they need additional methods for financial harassment. The only time you should be ticketed for not wearing a seat belt or wearing a helmet on a motorcycle is if you're uninsured. If you're insured, there's no cost to the tax paying public if you injure yourself.

anubis404;1544742]Who are you to determine which reasons are valid for the presence of a camera?

Who are you to decide which laws are worth following and which aren't? Kind of judgmental don't you think considering your previous post? There is the crux of the problem in many cases. The concept of I am all there is and the world revolves around me and what I want.

Then quit whining and make law enforcement a career. Besides if you are an HONEST adult then it doesn't become a problem.

DUI checkpoints are a completely different story. A DUI endangers both the driver and innocent bystanders. Walking home quietly endangers no one.

Who says they don't. When you are intoxicated the fist impairment is to judgment. The first physical impairment it to coordination. Put the two together and walking where you don't belong like a street, ignoring traffic control devices, crossing in traffic are all life threatening. Rationalizing behavior is just an excuse. And we all know what excuses are like. :D

Oh and yes I have heard of Kohlberg's moral stages. Nice theory. But life is lived in the real world not the theoretical one.

Thank You!

Im all for lots of police so they can catch rapists, murderers, thieves, and such. They can even ticket the drunk guy walking home IF he is causing a disturbance, being disorderly, harming himself of others! If im walking to my dorm minding my own business, and an officer is waiting outside the building and I blow a .001 I do not deserve a $300-$1000 ticket. If im driving wasted thats a different story. I thought I already posted this.

Ok for the seatbelt law people. Seat belts do save lives. More so than cause a loss of life although it does happen from time to time. Part of the reason why seat belt laws were enacted is because of the cost to insurance companies. If it costs them millions due to treating the injuries that were suffered by people not wearing them raise the rates.

Yeah the OP stated that the students out number the population of the town residents. So chances are one of the more relevant crimes in the town is under age drinking. In a town with a population of 10,000 or so as the OP stated I am not thinking that murder, theft and rape are happening every day. The other issue is that under age drinking is probable cause to search/detain/arrest people. Usually along with the drinking and college kids come drugs. So now that they busted them for drinking they can look and see if they have drugs or other illegal things such as fake ids.

Not always true. I saw a guy just a week ago being very quiet walking his drunk ass home. He then fell out into the street in front of traffic. If a person were to have hit them it would surely affect them for the rest of their lives.

The laws that our society has are there for a reason like them or not. You still have to follow them or be prepared to pay the consequences. There are plenty of laws I dislike and dont follow. I also know that if I break that law and get caught I am going to have to deal with the consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back