What's new

Pool Table

ComputerWhiz

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 25, 2013
Messages
90
Reaction score
12
Location
Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These photos were for an assignment in my photography class.
The theme was "colour".
I took them with my Fujifilm Finepix S8300 camera.
I did do some minor Photoshopping (GIMPing) to these photos. Only lighting adjustments though.
$Pool Ball 1.webp$Pool Ball 2.webp$Pool Ball 3.webp$Pool Ball 4.webp$Pool Ball 5.webp$Pool Ball 6.webp
Any suggestions or feedback is welcome.
 
Why did you choose to crop the ball in each of these shots? I would suggest leveling them before submitting.
 
Why did you choose to crop the ball in each of these shots? I would suggest leveling them before submitting.

That and if your going to have the 1 ball in focus and everything else out of focus then it would be good to actually have the 1 ball in focus. My guess is your lens cannot focus on things as close as the ball was to your lens.
 
Why did you choose to crop the ball in each of these shots? I would suggest leveling them before submitting.
I did not want the images to be level because I was going for a "Dutch Tilt" style.
 
Why did you choose to crop the ball in each of these shots? I would suggest leveling them before submitting.

That and if your going to have the 1 ball in focus and everything else out of focus then it would be good to actually have the 1 ball in focus. My guess is your lens cannot focus on things as close as the ball was to your lens.
I believe that the ball is in focus. They are cheap quality balls and the printing is a bit blurred, but that is how they actually look.
I had to put my camera on macro mode for this because the lens were too close without it on.
 
Why did you choose to crop the ball in each of these shots? I would suggest leveling them before submitting.

That and if your going to have the 1 ball in focus and everything else out of focus then it would be good to actually have the 1 ball in focus. My guess is your lens cannot focus on things as close as the ball was to your lens.
I believe that the ball is in focus. They are cheap quality balls and the printing is a bit blurred, but that is how they actually look.
I had to put my camera on macro mode for this because the lens were too close without it on.

If that's the case then I would recommend not using them for your photography class, it makes it look like you didn't get the focus right.
 
Last edited:
That and if your going to have the 1 ball in focus and everything else out of focus then it would be good to actually have the 1 ball in focus. My guess is your lens cannot focus on things as close as the ball was to your lens.
I believe that the ball is in focus. They are cheap quality balls and the printing is a bit blurred, but that is how they actually look.
I had to put my camera on macro mode for this because the lens were too close without it on.

If that's the case then I would recommend not using them for your photography class, it makes it look like you didn't get the focus right.
I already used them.
The teacher said they were some of the best in the class.
She commented on the focus too, but I brought in a ball to show her.
 
this was interesting to see and read....
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom