Post-processing: suggestion on that picture...

Here's my go at it all done it photoshop

View attachment 136668

thanks! hey, what are some of the adjustments you made?

I bumped exposure and clarity up on the center out, brought the center of the tone curve up a tad, reduced the noise only a little to keep the semi dusty look, turned the yellows and the oranges down on both hue and saturation, dehazed and also added a slight vignette.

hey, thanks for the thoughts! I had a look at split toning, but finally worked it with maybe with HSL saturation (yellow and orange down), and vibrance down a bit. What do you think? (picture here enclosed)
Yeah, cool game! It's called ulak (or Kok boru). It's kind-of soccer but with horses, and the ball is replaced by a dead goat.

I like this version the best of all the edits on this thread. You still get a good sense of the dustiness, but the faces are clearer. The faces along with the jumble of horse legs really convey the struggle, and I think they are both highlighted the best in this version. The colors are warm but not too saturated as in the first edit you posted.

I refuse to watch the video, however - this was all fascinating until you got to 'dead goat.' :icon_eek: Nope, nope, nope, nope....*shuts eyes, plugs ears* LA LA LA LA LA...

Here's an edit

Attachments

• IMG_7787 2.jpg
    IMG_7787 2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 157
Here's my go at it all done it photoshop

View attachment 136668

thanks! hey, what are some of the adjustments you made?

I bumped exposure and clarity up on the center out, brought the center of the tone curve up a tad, reduced the noise only a little to keep the semi dusty look, turned the yellows and the oranges down on both hue and saturation, dehazed and also added a slight vignette.

Thanks, everyone! It's helpful to see your work and hear your feedbacks! I like qmr55 version, too! clarity, very dusty atmosphere... When you say you changed exposure and clarity "on the center out", do you mean you did it only in the center of the picture?
(Yeah, the dead goat... I don't like the killing part either! But they do eat it at the end... ;-) )

IMG_7787-Edit
by Bill Grayson

Not knowing your artistic tastes I just edited it to bring out detail. There are many good variations. It's pretty grainy having been a bit underexposed.

Thanks, Trever! it's a nice version, too! The colors comes out nice, the guys show up clearly, and the dusty atmosphere is preserved. (How did you manage to make it so clear? you didn't use Clarity too much, right? it would give to the picture a "crunchy" look). (Yeah, my problem with underexposing my picture has now been exposed! - through different comments people have shared on the forum. That's helpful for me to know!)

Thanks, Trever! it's a nice version, too! The colors comes out nice, the guys show up clearly, and the dusty atmosphere is preserved. (How did you manage to make it so clear? you didn't use Clarity too much, right? it would give to the picture a "crunchy" look). (Yeah, my problem with underexposing my picture has now been exposed! - through different comments people have shared on the forum. That's helpful for me to know!)

Import to LR, raw adjustments there, opened adjusted frame in CS and back into LR for final adjust. I don't know what I do, I just do what looks about right.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back