Post your favorite shot from your most recent roll

Nice! It has that lovely soft look I love. I only see the one sliver in the upper right where the emulsion didn't quite spread. Not bad for rebadged instant film.

Me likey. :1247:

Really hope that the demand for instant film continues enough that the folks at Impossible Projects keep improving their product.
Like the arrangements of the elements in this one limr.

Pentax 645nii, 67 90 f2.8, Portra 400.

857690020001.JPG

Just got a roll of Superia Xtra 400 back...it was a test roll with nothing on there I'm particularly fond of. But I kinda like this one—it's from a couple months ago when my girlfriend and I had been planning to go for a hike and take pictures of the colourful changing leaves. Unfortunately, the day we set aside to do so happened to fall a couple days after a colossal wind storm that basically stripped them all. But hey, bleak is cool too.

I think it's a bit pinkish because I had a 1B filter on.
img083 COPY.jpg

This wasn't a great roll. It is a short (20 frame, bulk-rolled) roll of HP5 400 that I shot to test an Olympus OM2000 a friend had given me. I was rattled and annoyed by the fact that the mirror stuck at f/11 and f/16, so I shot a lot of useless frames. But there are about five or six shots that are okay. This is my favourite. It was a brisk, sunny, fall day in Jersey City, and these empty Adirondack chairs seemed to evoke the death of summer. Olympus OM2000 with Zuiko 50mm f/1.8, Ilford HP5 400.
Chairs-OM2000-HP5.jpg

Ilford Delta 400. Minolta XD-11 with a Minolta MC Rokkor-PF 58mm f/1.4. The throwaway shot at the end of the roll.
Boats-XD11-D400.jpg

Do you do your own scanning? Probably asked this already haha

You may or may have asked but I honestly don't remember hahaha No I don't own my own scanning because it takes too much time and effort. My lab scanned them for me, Portra + Noritsu scanner.

Do you do your own scanning? Probably asked this already haha

You may or may have asked but I honestly don't remember hahaha No I don't own my own scanning because it takes too much time and effort. My lab scanned them for me, Portra + Noritsu scanner.

Do they do any of the editing or color adjustments? I typically shoot B&W but have a few boxes of Portra Id like to shoot but I am terrible at color adjustments. Just trying to figure out if there is a typical workflow for color negative scans to get the right colors/WB (that classic Portra look) or if I need to out source.

My lab scanned them for me, Portra + Noritsu scanner.

I use a Noritsu 1800 series scanner. Best scanner I have ever used.

Do they do any of the editing or color adjustments?

They would be fools not too. You can do a lot of corrections when scanning with the Noritsu scanner and software.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back