paigew

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.paigewilks.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
*please get permission from your secret Santa before posting their image*

Thank you Lew for putting together TPF 1st secret Santa photo exchange! It was so fun and I am excited to see everyone's images!

My secret santa was Paul aka pgriz. He gifted me this gorgeous photo Grounded. Thank you Paul! I can't wait to get it up on my wall!!
$Grounded_FullRez_6185.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful and thoughtful picture from Scott Craig. Having it poster sized, ready to wall hang soon. Thank you Scott, very happy Old Hippy here.

Beautiful and thoughtful picture from Scott Craig. Having it poster sized, ready to wall hang soon. Thank you Scott, very happy Old Hippy here.
Ed, I'm very glad that you enjoy the photograph and I hope it looks good in your home.

There is a little bit of a story behind it. I was staying with a friend in Phoenix and the day before had been to the NHRA drag race at Firebird Raceway. If you've ever been to an NHRA event then you know that they are anything but calm and peaceful. The sound of the Top Fuel and Funny Car machines shakes one to their soul. It isn't so much heard as felt because the ears just can't process that much sound pressure. Even with "Severe Condition" ear plugs it is horrendous. The stands shake, the people shake, the ground shakes, everything shakes. The next day I was sitting by the pool at my friend's home, ears still ringing from the previous day, and saw that little statue sitting calmly in a tiny garden they had made for it. It was such a complete opposite of the previous day I had to take a photograph of it. I've liked it for that very reason ever since.

I chose this one, from Kathy Thorson:

9467383981_c94a1fd7f0_c.jpg

SleighSmileyReindeer.gif

From our one and only Old Hippy. I love churches (and firetrucks).

Church in Aruba

$Church-TPF.jpg

Squirrels was gonna pick this one...

Subway%20Tunnel%202%20-%20008.jpg

But then realized she'd have nowhere to put it. :lol:

So she picked this...

Salem%20Day%202010%20-%20007.jpg

My recipient was rexbobcat. He chose this:

$Day 28 - Car 263 wrong way.jpg

He doesn't have it yet (and thus can't post it himself) only because I still have to re-scan the negative at a higher resolution so it will be better for printing.

Here's a rezzed-down version of the image I chose from my Secret Santa, Paigew! The original file is a beefy 7.5 MB jpeg file, so I figured I needed to shrink it down for posting here. Thanks Paige!

$6W2A7620~Birds_Paige.jpg

^^^ that shot is wonderfully confusing. :lol:

I still haven't heard anything from my Santa?

Is there a way to hear the reason for not contacting me? I'm :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back