post your wallpaper

I do a lot of security for a living. 75% of what I know, I learned by being attacked and "retaliating". I've also gotten into many hacker clubs and done many "war games" for fun and some not for so much fun, but learned a lot about my craft. I am too diversified, though and cannot devote the time to get really good at it. I am also a networking consultant and a Microsoft Certified Trainer. I have about (off the top of my head) 10-12 computer indsutry certifications and over 27 years experience in this game.

My best friend has NO certifications, but is an Ethical Hacker by trade. This is all he does, 18 hours a day, 6-7 days a week. He also clears over $350,000 a year and works only 7 months of the year. He is considered one of the best security consultant experts in North America (also known as someone with zero social skills... lol).

"Hackers" have a bad public rap, but in the USA, anyone known as an Ethical Hacker with experience and education to back it up with an accredited certification in security can earn a very decent living.

When I lived in Texas for 2 years, I made a very comfortable living as a security consultant for various companies.

I like hackers, becuase of them, I get all kinds of jobs and increased income becuase of their actions! :lol:

ya ur firend sounds like me i dont make that much cause i dont really do much.. but im defiently a ethical hacker. and no social skills haaha

wall.jpg

I hate desktop icons. :lol:

gizmo2071: There is a pretty nifty program called ultramon that will give you a ton of functionality with dual monitors. Allow you to set diff. backgrounds on each, extend the taskbar all the way across both monitors, etc.

Cool, I'll look into it :)

and your 100% correct about the firewall.. i USE NONE. nore a antivirus i programmed a networking peaker and monitor all my ports with my own tools. firewalls and anti virus are bad news trust me.

I hope you mean small-time firewalls (Netgear, Linksys..) otherwise I'd have to tell the company I work for (multi billion, global, fortune 500) that the firewalls they use to block all those attacks are useless. ;)

And I suppose if we turned off our antivirus we could help those hackers research different payloads and the ability of their 'virus' to spread itself?

I guess I'm just curious why these tools are bad news? I'm not trying to start an argument - I'm a geek and I like to think I'm pretty good at some of this stuff. I'd just like to know your reasoning if I may...

Some pretty cool desktops here btw.. ;)

Dude, you're not alone!

Now...can somebody kindly tell me how one posts their desktop/wallpaper???

*confused*
i posted the picture on the first page...

hit the print screen button. paste it into paint (or whatever program you'd like) and then upload it here

I do a lot of security for a living. 75% of what I know, I learned by being attacked and "retaliating". I've also gotten into many hacker clubs and done many "war games" for fun and some not for so much fun, but learned a lot about my craft. I am too diversified, though and cannot devote the time to get really good at it. I am also a networking consultant and a Microsoft Certified Trainer. I have about (off the top of my head) 10-12 computer indsutry certifications and over 27 years experience in this game.

My best friend has NO certifications, but is an Ethical Hacker by trade. This is all he does, 18 hours a day, 6-7 days a week. He also clears over $350,000 a year and works only 7 months of the year. He is considered one of the best security consultant experts in North America (also known as someone with zero social skills... lol).

"Hackers" have a bad public rap, but in the USA, anyone known as an Ethical Hacker with experience and education to back it up with an accredited certification in security can earn a very decent living.

When I lived in Texas for 2 years, I made a very comfortable living as a security consultant for various companies.

I like hackers, becuase of them, I get all kinds of jobs and increased income becuase of their actions! :lol:

I want to specialize in network security after I graduate next fall. What certifications do you have just out of curiosity?

They say a clean desk is the sign of an empty mind.

desktop.jpg

Picture1-2.png

Mario makes me happy :)

You guys have some awesome photos! Here's a picture my dad took of me on my powered paraglider...
MattPPG.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back