D7K

This is the right time..
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, again I've been trying to keep up with the forum, with the editing and with controlling the amount of space on my MacBook.

Recently I've taken to hiking, my better half has always had such a love for the mountains and has hiked in every season in many places I could only dream to go and experience...and of course shoot.

She agreed to work with me and my vertigo on getting me to these places, these marvellous rooftops of the country, We've done 4 peaks in 3 weeks and I could not be happier and more full of life for doing it, and sharing in what I only ever heard as stories or saw through iPhone photos.

This shot was taken as we arrived for our hike last weekend, the target was the peak of Vihren, The tallest peak in the Pirin Range. Standing 2914m this marble giant is a marble beast, and I can tell you, not one easily climbed.

This was shot before we started out, As always, C&C welcomed.

Vihren_Sunrise_In_the_Valley.jpg

That is a gorgeous photo. Clearly worth the vertigo risk.

Barb

Reactions: D7K
Beautiful shot! Glad your getting out and enjoying new places, I'm a bit jealous. :encouragement:

That is a gorgeous photo. Clearly worth the vertigo risk.

Barb

Thanks Barb! This was before we even started the climb, This one pushed me for sure, the last 800m covered 250m in elevation, basically hiking up a 45-50 degree slope, so worth it thought, absolutely amazing, I've a pile more I'm going through right now and the cloud play over the peaks was really something so looking forward to sharing a few of those too..

Beautiful shot! Glad your getting out and enjoying new places, I'm a bit jealous. :encouragement:

Thanks Jeff, Really it's been every weekend for the entire summer with the exception of one of two that I've actually been at home, I love to travel around the country and it's great for me but a nightmare for the hard drive! Also, with working during the week and travelling weekends, it's hard to find the time to get some editing done..

Really nice composition and light. Loving the back-lit mist.

Nice pic, real beautiful, at first I almost thought it was a fantasy painting.

Gorgeous shot! I love the colors.

Nice scene, but overdone for my taste.

The sky I think looks un-natural, with some colours that are very red and very yellow. I don't think you'd get that kind of colour with the sun so high in the sky naturally There's quite a lot of foreground black in the bush in the foreground with no detail. The misty area has a harsh gradient where it meets the burned areas, like the trees on the left where the shadow on the trees suddenly gets very dark. It's almost like you've dodged the area in the middle in a destinct circle

Nice scene, but overdone for my taste.

The sky I think looks un-natural, with some colours that are very red and very yellow. I don't think you'd get that kind of colour with the sun so high in the sky naturally There's quite a lot of foreground black in the bush in the foreground with no detail. The misty area has a harsh gradient where it meets the burned areas, like the trees on the left where the shadow on the trees suddenly gets very dark. It's almost like you've dodged the area in the middle in a destinct circle

I can appreciate that, it's not to everyones taste, More a mix of what the morning was like before starting. I'm not a fan of "Digital Art", some of my edits are 110% true to life, some require some tweaking to how I saw / see / felt about the image when I was there and when I took it, but, I guess this is the same for everyone to a degree.

Appreciate your feedback

Most reactions

New Topics

Back