Printing

borisnikon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I don't know if this has already been asked but searching didn't show anything.

I would like to print some of my photos 12x8.

I haven't calibrated by monitor (21.5" iMac) do I just calibrate it with something like a spyder device or do I have to get colour profiles from the lab and do it in accordance to this.

What do I need to do to make my prints the same as what I see on my monitor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Once your display is calibrated, you can load the print labs printer ICC profile into the soft-proofing function of your image editing software.
A lot of the top online print labs recommend using X-RITE's claibration tools -Xrite EODIS3 i1Display Pro

For more background and technical pointers - Tutorials on Color Management & Printing

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Last edited:
Are you trying to print by yourself? Why don't you let the professional do the job? I am sure people here know couple places.
The equipment, ink and time might not worth it unless you want to learn it.

RichardsTPF said:
Are you trying to print by yourself? Why don't you let the professional do the job? I am sure people here know couple places.
The equipment, ink and time might not worth it unless you want to learn it.

No I'm going to get them printed at a lab in England...

Is there a cheap way to calibrate with a good result? I don't have $100s to spend!
Do not compromise on quality.. cheap products are not reliable as these things give low profit to owner and hence less care is spent on manufacturing.
Best Regards
IMAGESINN.ORG

Last edited:
That truism, isn't actually true.

I have bought cheap products over the years that were every bit as reliable as more expensive stuff.

Often, less expensive products offer fewer bells and whistles, so quality is maintained but the product can be produced at a lower cost.

Most reactions

Back