Prom 2013 C&C Welcome!

CMfromIL

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My daughter went to the prom this weekend. I took a few pictures, and would like some feedback.
Time was approximatly 3pm. Sun was not directly overhead, but very close. Wife used a 40" diffuser to help with the harsh lighting. Thoughts?
4. "Technical Failure"

Were these compressed? They seem a bit soft for some reason.

^^ +1.. a lil soft. They also look a little orange to me so I think your WB might need adjusting. Also seem a bit close to the edges of the frames in every shot. I'm sure they love them though!! Nice smiles. :)

I would have skipped the diffuser, put them in the shade, and bounced light in with a reflector. There is no light in their eyes. #2 is the best. I would bring it into PS and make the eyes pop a little bit. Your daughter is beautiful by the way.

Thanks for all the prompt comments. Photos are hosted on Photobucket, which is killing the sharpness. They are rock solid on the computer/printing. WB has been a bit of a challenge, as my daughter got a spray tan the day before. I was trying to avoid her looking like an 'Ommpa Lumpa"

The lack of catchlights bugged me too. I kinda like the look of the diffuser, but a reflector (probably any white object held in the direct sunlight at the right location and angle) would have given the eyes a bit more sparkle and life. I'd probably have a crack at painting in a catchlight, actually. I'd probably fail.

Most reactions

Back