DjBeau

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bobrinch.dk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi

I'm looking for a rain cover for my Nikon D80. Some of the ones I've found are really big and clumsy and not at all very practical when you're "on the run." I can see that Aquatech have made some nice one's that are not too big but they're really expensive.
So, do any of you have any experience with covers - good or bad? I think 200$+ is too much so I'd be happy if any of you have some cheaper recommendations.

Shoot well!
Bo

Plastic Bag? While I was in Lucerne I desperately needed to get a photo and it was pouring. I wrapped my camera in a scarf which worked well too.

I personally couldn't justify spending more than $50 on something like this. Especially when I have fully comprehensively insured my camera and all my gear against all damage and loss for around $250/year

I would just use a black sack or cover the gear with my poncho.

"Ïs that a real poncho or is that a Sears poncho?" FZ

Making a plastic bag fit is a way too tedious process in my opinion. But the Vortexmedia Covers that ruaslacker2 made a link to have a fair price. I'll try to see if I can find some reviews of them.

Oh, by the way: A camera house can't take the rain but what about the lenses?

Modern lenses are packed full of electronics. Older lenses are packed full of lubricants and metals which must not under any circumstance rust.

You don't want water in your lens either.

optech or opteka makes disposable bags. 3 for like $5. has a cinch loop at one end for the lens and a hole for the eyepiece. Works great and is reusable. Will fit lenses up to 400 f/5.6 there about.

Most reactions

Back