• Drained

Votes: 16 66.7%

• Total voters

Dmitri

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
When you make ramen noodles, do you leave the water in it or drain it?

Depends on what I want. Do I want soup or do I want noodles. I'll do either one. When I order them a restaurant they always come with the soup.

Drained, always.

I'm assuming you're talking about the 10 cents a package stuff from the grocery store . . . otherwise you need to clarify. REAL ramen is not even in the same ball park as the stuff you make at home.

Yes, the cheapo bags. I don't know about 10 cents, I pay 3/$1.00 :)

Well, i think you get the award for most random question to be asked on a forum. LOL

Anyway....
Ramen Noodles are hard to find in Canada(or at least where i live), but our equivalent is Mr. Noodle which is basically the same. Personally i don't like 'soup' part so i drain MOST of the water/liquid, not all though.... gotta' keep some flavour. :)

can we get an option for "a little bit of both"?

I like to have a little bit of water left but not enough to really make it like soup...

I too do both but mostly the drained. Ramen noodles are the great cheap food. I think the best deal I got lately was the 12 pack for $1.50. I have so many recipes I use with it, that I see it as the Duct Tape of the food world.

Have to drain it if I'm going to put alfredo sauce in it. :mrgreen:

Ramen Noodles are hard to find in Canada(or at least where i live), but our equivalent is Mr. Noodle which is basically the same.
I didn't even know that 'Ramen Noodles' were...until Corry mentioned them on here, 5 or 6 years ago. :lol:

I don't drain them, but I don't like a lot of water, so I use just enough so that it it's almost all soaked up. At work, I put them into a large mug, fill with hot/boiling water and just let it sit for 5 minutes or so.

I haven't had one in years though. It's almost lunch time and now I'm really hungry. :drool:

I like mine MOSTLY drained, the noodles are going to suck up at least some fluid when they're inthe bowl(or usually still in the pot), so MOSTLY drained seems to work best for me.

when they're completyly drained, they get dry, and that's just gross.

The ONLY way I'll eat Ramen Noodles is dry and uncooked.
I take a bag of Broccoli slaw put it in a bowl then I crunch up the uncooked noodles add them to the slaw then pour about a 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegarette dressing and about 1/4 cup sliced green onions. Stir it all up then eat it right away before the dressing makes the noodles soggy. It's an awesome side dish.

I got the idea from Kraft Food and Family magazine, here's the recipe. I modified it a little bit, but the printed recipe is good too.
http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/crunchy-asian-broccoli-coleslaw-109739.aspx

Don't buy that cheap Mr. Noodle stuff.
Sapporo Ichiban is the better stuff in North America.

Must be with soup base (though my wife likes it dry).

Many Korean/Japanese/Chinese groceries carry this ... and even Fortino's (in Canada).

Yakisoba is supposed to be dry.

Most reactions

Back