random

Moody

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I wouldn't mind some critique on these photographs. Please keep in mind I'm only 16, and some of these photographs were taken under less then perfect circumstances (ex. through a car window, under a bridge at night). I shoot with a Nikon D40, 18-55mm lense. So constructive criticsm please :biggrin:

2hmfp7d.jpg

291i2qo.jpg

ix6tye.jpg

143jiaa.png

The first three were taken on a recent trip to Atlanta. I know the 2nd photo is extremly grainy but that was the one I took under the tunnel at night. I also had to sharpen it some.

Huh, you look mucholder than sixteen in your avatar picture! ;) C&C per req:
1. I like the idea of this picture, but I would like to see a somewhat wider FoV, say 5 or more seats wide, and I the over-exposed seat-backs bother me. I understand that there would be major exposure issues with this scene, and suggest perhaps an HDR Merge.
2. A nice urban setting, with appropriate exposure, however I think seeing the whole person, and some sort of background, ideally an out-of-focus street scene would enhance it greatly.
3. I'm not sure about this picture. I like the idea, but the lack of any sky detail and the perspective bother me a little. I would like to see a perspective-corrective version, and perhaps one with some added sky. Not sure if it would work or not however.
4. Too tight a crop on this one (cropped front hoof). Also, given the physiology of a horse, they are better from a 3/4 perspective.
Overall, very nice work, with a few suggested areas for improvement. Keep up the good work, and looking forward to seeing more from you.

thanks for the reply. As for the last pic unfourtantly I shot it with the hoof cropped.

Skill and experience may take time, but imagination comes at any age. You have good imagination and you'll perfect those exposures with practice.

I have to say shot 3 is pretty well composed given your lens range. I expect the building itself isn't so tall, but your composition makes it look like a whopping tower. I found my 18-55 very limiting for shots like this and splashed out on a 55-200 to go with it. Highly recommended purchase and they shouldn't be too pricey now the VR version is out.

ty for all the feedback. I am definatly going to be buying a zoom lense eventually. I was looking into 70-300mm (I think thats right e_e).

Most reactions

Back