gmarquez

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pacificphotographicimages.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Time for a mild rant...

Why does anyone even CARE if some photography neophyte is using expensive camera equipment, instead of starting with an inexpensive point-and-shoot? Why would it irk anyone?

Why does anyone even CARE if someone "edits" or "processes" their own pictures on the computer or in a darkroom instead of leaving them "pure, fresh out of the camera"? Why would it irk anyone?

Why does anyone even CARE if someone marks their photos "NOT Ok to edit"? Why would it irk anyone?

Why does anyone even CARE if some mom or dad does photography on the side and makes some money at it? Why would it irk anyone?

No, I'm not some "why can't we all get along", "let's all hold hands and sing kum-bah-yah" feel-gooder, but I really want to know why people get so worked up over these personal choices.

Is it to feel superior? Is it to "not let those types of people get away with what they are doing"? Is it to "help out these people even though they don't know they need help"? :scratch:

I don't care. :)

I think it's to justify and reinforce personal choices we've made- to 'know' someone else has made a 'bad' choice indicates we have possibly made a 'correct' choice.

I would PM you my thoughts, g, but you have disabled that function.
I think my thoughts but won't speak my mind now.

I would PM you my thoughts, g, but you have disabled that function.
I think my thoughts but won't speak my mind now.

you can actually disable that? gosh, I did not know! ... would never do it ;)

Probably for the same reason your boss ****** you off.. Or the clerk behind the counter at wal-mart..... or anyone else for that matter.... It's also a personal thing what irks you and what doesn't..... For instance I dont care that your neighbor's dog takes a crap on YOUR lawn... but you might. See it's all personal preference...It is a really godlike quality to not be irked by anything at all... I never managed it.

I can allow people to be irked by me, cause sometimes I'm an awful jerk and they have the right to be upset. Most of the things you mention don't upset anyone enough to stop coming here. If something did and people stopped coming around so that the advertisers thought it a waste of their money to place ads, then things would most likely change.

Controversy is good for a forum believe it or not. If there were no controversy at all and we all got alone perfectly, there would be no drama. Life without drama is a bore. That's why it is all over tv. That and inane comedy fills the airways.

time to rant about my empty fridge and stomach ...

... there is still this banana though ...

It is a really godlike quality to not be irked by anything at all... I never managed it

I agree...however, there is a difference between "being irked" and "ranting", correct? Being irked you can do in private. Is ranting's purpose to make it public? Why?

Is it to find others that are irked by the same thing? Is it just to vent, to "get it off your chest" publicly? Is it to feel superior? Is it all of the above?

I'm truly interested. :D

Tell you what pick one of the things people rant about and I will try to give you a reason someone might care enough to make a public post. But just one of your original ones. Lets not go with ote we have done that one enough.

And rant by definition is venting. Putting something out in private doesn't seem to be much of a vent to me. That seems to be more of a confrontation with one person about an action not a person.

Before I get into a long discussion pick just one off your list and lets do that.

Is it to find others that are irked by the same thing?

Ydes, and to get new input on the topic that either calms you down because you are not suffering alone ... or people show it from a different perspective so it does not hurt that much anymore ;)

Is it just to vent, to "get it off your chest" publicly?

Yes, venting is good for yourself and bad for your psychiatrist ;)

And venting does not work alone where nobody can hear you shout ;)

Is it to feel superior?

not at all! If we felt superior, we had no reason to be here to mingle with them mortals :p

Oh god, looks like theres another wave of differnt mentalities....1st it was max and the brutaly honest threads and now we have a wave of arguement's that dont really stand up even for arguments sake....its all personal oppinion, no one really cares (unless they are of the utmost cockyness) if you use a point and shoot or any of the above things. not everyone on the forum is a proffesional. maybe we should have a chat on the psychology behind the comunity mood swings...?

Oh god, looks like theres another wave of differnt mentalities....1st it was max and the brutaly honest threads and now we have a wave of arguement's that dont really stand up even for arguments sake....its all personal oppinion, no one really cares (unless they are of the utmost cockyness) if you use a point and shoot or any of the above things. not everyone on the forum is a proffesional. maybe we should have a chat on the psychology behind the comunity mood swings...?

it is just different people with different ideas ;)

THANK GOD this world is like that. If we would all agree I would kill myself (or all the others :p )

Most reactions

Back