What's new

Rate the photo above you

I like this photo but next time I would like to get the entire Louisville Slugger Bat to better demonstrate its the shadow on the street.
Actually, I think you've accomplished that quite nicely. We can obviously see the business end of the bat at the horses head, but you have caught the butt end with it's subtlle shadow draping over the carriage. I think having the carriage in a reversed direction would give you a much better look because, let's face it, nobody really wants to see the backside of many things. There are a few exceptions. :sexywink:

8/10



Staying with baseball........

877963863_3vuRJ-XL.jpg
 
Last edited:
My apologies Kundalini. I will remember that from now on.

8/10 because It seems to be a snapshot. I enjoy the colors, especially in the brick in the background building. I think it could use a slight crop off the bottom to remove the tops of the signs. I like how it is framed because there are no people on either sides of the frame, so you get the feeling of a "tight gathering". The photo makes me want to be there and hope for a steak, not a salad! You can't control the weather, but I tink some clouds in the sky would add to the photo.
Again sorry for jumping the gun.

5952653555_d7d0731faa_z.jpg
 
Last edited:
posting = hold your horses, I'm rating the photo above
 
posting = hold your horses, I'm rating the photo above


umm.. im confused by this post.. are you rating the photo above.. do I have to wait for your post?
Hayley, that comment was about my Louisville photo. The next photo to rank is Jake's!

Thankyou JWellman!

I rate the above photo 6/10... very cute kid and I like the focus, there is a nice blur in the background, in my very mere opinion though I would have liked to see it in colour, I like black and white photos very much but id enjoy the colors of the green grass and trees behind him... here is a black and white one of mine




DSC02645.jpg
 
Last edited:
I saw your photos in another topic but didn't reply. I know this is your first attempt at water shots so kudos! I have yet to try the motion blur with creeks and streams. I also know that you prefer these in B&W but I'm just not crazy about it. Perhaps others will disagree but I want to see the vibrant greens and browns that come along with the water and rocks. I'm also not crazy about the huge rock that is cut off on the left part of the photo. 7/10

fisherman.jpg
 
ok, I wasnt going to post again so soon... but I couldnt help myself, I really like this photo, because of the pink colour in the water. It looks early in the morning and so peacfull, I also like the ripples in the water at the top. I rate it 8/10

I know I just posted something similar but here is a colour version

DSC02600.jpg
 
I like the fact that the water has both a smooth & hard quality to it. It gives you the sense of motion without losing too much detail. I can almost hear the river. Saturation looks good, but it looks a little dark. I'm thinking bump up the exposure a bit and play with the levels to bring some detail out of the shadows and add a bit of contrast. 7.5/10



 
I love this shot! I can't imagine where you are shooting it from! The water looks so soft almost inviting which is scary lol I give it a 10/10. :)

bellaboo322copy.jpg
 
Like the shot. It seems to have a lot of noise but that could just be my screen. 8/10

I want to post a water one now!
The sun was horrible this day...
I think it might be under exposed...
Just looked at the image on tap talk and the quality looks badd I hope it's due to it being a full size pic being compressed.
c6e4e121-5a16-f23d.jpg
 
im gonna say 6/10, i would've got a little lower so he's completely in the sky with no trees behind him, and cut out some of the sky. it also seems to be kind of crooked. maybe scoot back to get more of the scene in there too. i do like the contrast you have here and the timing seems to be good with him being at the peak of his jump.

ill back you up with another BMX shot
5957425248_3e413d360e_z.jpg
 
6/10 I would say... To be honest, I'm not in love with night shots, (except something that is giving mother nature), so I think that lightning on this one is chaotic... Nothing personal, I'm new here, I just want to give my opinion to others, and contrary.


My photo ... clouds
5957424392_2f667e24b6_b.jpg
 
Not sure where you are stood when taking this, but if you could have taken a step or two forward and lost the overhang on the top right. The other buildings are fine, but that is too big. Moving left may have worked, but may have revealed the sun and blown everything out.
Lovely colour in the sky, though. 8/10


My Little friend on the brick wall outside...he's about 5mm long. :)


jumperoo by http://bendthelight.me.uk, on Flickr
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom