What's new

Rate the photo above you

8/10 Emotional shot. I like the black and white, it adds drama. The soldiers in the background finishes off the story nicely. Great job!!!
5194901889_694e371b2c_z.jpg
 
I like the framing with the high-hat as the central subject, but think it is static. If it was involed in the action of the drummer, it would grab more of my attention. The DoF of the drummer is fine because he is a second subject. The colored lighting reflecting off the cymbals and the cool blue WB add an ambience to the shot that works well. The shot seems to be quite busy, but that is the nature of a drummer's setup. I would try to minimize the specular hightlights coming off the amp in the background, it looks very nervous.

7/10



1187856342_aiWjd-XL.jpg
 
Last edited:
:pale: Sorry, didn't mean to be a show stopper. Someone else please post a photo and ya'll can skip mine.
 
I'll bite...:)

I like it...and in my limited portraiture experience, I noted the following things:
A nice moment between old friends.
Nice tones, skin looks great.
REAL skin...not smoothed.
Lack of eye contact, but that works as he is looking at her.
Her neck/ head position looks a little odd (my only nitpick).
8.5/10


ben sRGB by http://bendthelight.me.uk, on Flickr
 
the detail in the photo is very good but for me there is not anything that wows me, I wish the dog was chewing a bone or something to show the dogs personality, bonnie dog though ( bonnie is a scottish word for cute ) 6/10 here is one photo I took when I had my camera for about 3 weeks, it was an unusualy sunny day for scotland so went to the beach with my sister and her childeren and was just playing around really.... oh now that ive posted it im starting to regret it! it looks more in focus on my computer but it looks bad on here!




DSC00498.jpg
 
I love the composition!! The four are nicely measured out!! (I know that wasn't completely planned.....=)) The dark to light ratio is very eye pleasing. My only nit is that the wish the girl on the far left was facing the camera more! Nice candid shot!! 8/10

This is a very early on shot.......but I still like it....=)
4466846849_d149055f0a_z.jpg
 
That's really an amazing shot. The light is just amazing. I'm going to give it a 9/10 only because I wish a little less of the center was washed out.

IMG_1458-Version2.jpg
 
Hello all. As you can tell I am new to the forum. I am 21 and in the USAF. I have been in and out of photography for a while now, but decided to get back into it. I am not into any particular type of photography, I enjoy it as a whole. I have a Canon T2I with a battery grip, and a 50mm 1.8

IMG_0084.jpg
 
Last edited:
Nice shot ^ You seem to have chosen a good shutter speed that shows the motion of the vehicle and blurs the background but without blurring it so much that I can't get a feel for the type of location. It just says 'fast car on a quiet country road' to me, which is awesome. I also really like the angle of the car and framing of it, very good composition all round. Only nitpicks are that the car itself could be a bit brighter - maybe try dodging it a bit in photoshop, and although it's hard to tell at this size the car looks a fraction soft. 9/10


5960268587_9be72d0617_b.jpg
 
9,5/10
I appreciate the soft tones and colors very much. Very fascinating set up: reminds me of a wood. Excellent!

IMG_6236.JPG
 
Interesting 3D checkers game (I made one for my boys a long time ago)
Note on the histogram that there are blown out areas, blocked up areas and not many tones in the middle.
This needed softer larger light with a reflector on the dark side to make the exposure more interesting. The perspective distortion makes the frontmost colum bend to the left and the next column straight up.
Even if this were perfectly exposed and the slants corrected, there's not a huge amount of interesting stuff and the blown out upper 1/3 doesn't add anything.

3/10

snagprogram0004.jpg


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
little Donut shop in Laurel, MD. Used to be a White Tower now run by a young Korean couple and has terrific donuts in the morning and great tiny burgers in the afternoon.


laureldonuts_-1.jpg
 
Last edited:
Nice image. I like how I can still see what's going on inside. Cant do much about the powerlines, but the front half of the car in the driveway needs to get their donuts and leave. 9/10

 
^love Catalina Island! This shot is great. The lighting at the Casino (I think) really makes it stand out. The sky is also great with it not being too dark.
5671493412_84447963c8_b.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom