What's new

Rate the photo above you

Compaq, I was just checking because I recalibrated this morning (Spyder2) and was wondering if the monitor did not have enough time to get to temperature, meaning I might need to do it again. Thanks.
 
Ohh... my speech seems a bit unnecessary, now :P
 
Nice photo and girl, abit too much blue for me though that big blanket thing is just too much in the shot 7/10


I know this isn't great but i'm interested how i could make it look better

marrrv by Skateboard C 91, on Flickr
 
You have a good PoV for the shot for the wonderful looking animal. Unfortunately, you have a dynamic range dilema. The pooch is in dappled light and a sunspot on the nose is taking most of the detail from its fur. The remainder of the scene is bordering on low light with your subject, while the background is very, very bright. One solution is the addition of fill flash. Although the built-in flash has been saddled with a poor reception from most photographers, it is useful when the subject is within range. Don't be afraid to use it. I would suggest to keep a couple of folds of tissue paper or a plastic bag handy to act as a difusser. The lack of definition in the eyes does hurt you here.

5/10.



From your Jack to mine. (R.I.P.)

Monty-3.jpg
 
Last edited:
I like the dog chasing the mail man, but it looks like a snapshot. A good one though! Any memory to have of your dog is a good one! 6/10




 
I like that you caputred the dog and truck clearly when I assume they were moving at different speeds. I'm sure it's a sentimental shot and I don't see anything wrong with it. It just doesn't hold as much interest for me as it does for you.

Still a nice shot.

7/10


Watch out! by Boaketography, on Flickr

EDIT should have saved my spot

In this shot I was trying to get the wasp, I didn't realize I had captured the spider until I got home to process the images I had taken today.
 
Although I prefer the term Action Shot, it still is a snapshot of Monty. Thanks to both of you for commenting. As a weird set of coincedencies, one day Monty should've zigged when he zagged instead. The FedEx truck was his demise and I had to witnessed it. He was 14 years old and dearly loved. I still miss him.
 
I like the depth of field and the color is pretty dead-on but I think the bee is just a little too small in the frame and should be cropped to show more detail of the bee. 8/10




rwjsrl.jpg
 
Nice image. The W/B looks a little off, the whites of her eyes look a little jaundice. 8/10

5975609151_b6d653a3da_z.jpg
 
Kylehess - Here's a tighter crop, I'm not sure I like it because it brings out the OOF section on the spider even more. Definitely shows a little more detail in the wasp


watchout3.wm.screen by Boaketography, on Flickr
 
^ I like the original crop better. The OOF spider is distracting to me and the other crop minimizes that...
This crop, 6/10 other crop 8/10


Frisco, CO by Lyonsroar91, on Flickr
 
9/10 Awesome shot! Perfect saturation and exposure. Love it.

nik5737.jpg
 
8.5/10 - Really love the overall feel of the photo. The B&W adds to the surreal tone and the background has the perfect amount of bokeh to keep the background separated while still showing some detail of the wheat. Maybe having just a little more of the hand in frame could add; but, overall I'd say this photo is great!

28441023192589001921211.jpg
 
Thanks!

I like the dark theme, it's very fitting for the subject.
I don't really know how to critique it though, although I would like to see a more clear point of interest. I don't think you were going for a portrait style shot here, I'd like to see the facial art presented more as the primary focus.

Can I skip the rating? I don't think I can rate it properly... maybe a 7/10?

Here's a self portrait to carry on with the dark theme:

_DSC1740 by Max713, on Flickr
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom