What's new

Rate the photo above you

Cool shot, looks little under exposed? quite eery... i like it 6.5/10

Bit blurry, but had to hold the camera in an awkward position next to my foot haha
 
5/10 I like the subject overall. I am not sure if the tilt was intentional or not. Regardless I think it would be better more vertical unless it was more cropped in which case the tilt could work. Bit of over-exposure with the sun and the leaves. I think a closer view of the rocks could prove more interesting as I do like the blurred nature of the water and its colors. Like a close up of the water flowing over the rocks (if possible to take) could be awesome.

img9934edit.jpg
 
Well...I like the cripsness of his face while hers is obviously much softer (good DOF). While he's dark haired, she is blonde which creates a nice contrast. Both people's expressions look authentic and not "staged" which is always nice. Furthermore, the framing here works well in my opinion. Overall its a well shot photo. Unfortunately, I don't find it terribly interesting. My humble scoring gives you a 7.5/10.

This was at the Threshermen's Reunion (Austin, Manitoba, Canada) about 2 hours away from me. It was part of the parade. These horses were pulling the wagon so fast, it made it very hard to capture the image well. Furthermore, it was at 1:30PM and in full sun. This was the only side of the race track that I could shoot from without producing horrible background clutter. If I could change one thing, I'd like to have at least the driver looking at me - preferably both front men if I could. It would have been much better if it were later in the day as well. Some things we just can't control... It is what it is. Overall, I'm happy with it though the sun glare on the rear horse's chrome head dress is very distracting to me.

Wagon Ride.jpg
 
Last edited:
8,5/10
it would be nice if all of them were looking at you and if you could see the face of the women siting in the back , but it was the only way you could shoot this , and i don't like the frame :lol:

brod1.jpg


for this one my camera was set on landscape mode , the ship on the picture is still "work in progress" i don't have much more to say really
 
I don't think you chose the best angle from which to take this photograph. Part of the dock is cutting off a part of the boat, and it looks flat and lacks contrast and "pop". A little bit more saturated would perhaps be better as well. It looks like the forest has an eye as well :lol: that was kinda cool. 5/10



HDR stova tiff 16 by Bokehliciousness-ness, on Flickr

Kind of messy living room :P
 
i love how calming this photo is and how the single light softens the room 8.5/10! good job!

DSC_1238redone2.jpg


This is a photo of my 7 month old niece in Bangkok.
 
Personally, I feel that if you'd lower your perspective, just a little, that would be better. I really like the colours in this, the cool, lonely feel of it, that's brilliant. I'm not sure if the blown sky adds to it or not. If you could expose another photo for the sky, and blend those exposures... Still, I really like it. 7.5/10

Hallway:

HDR gangen by Bokehliciousness-ness, on Flickr
 
Thanks alot :D Im not sure what you mean by expose another photo and blend the exposures though? Do you mean like duplicate the image and underexpose one and rub it out to the other
 
Thanks alot :D Im not sure what you mean by expose another photo and blend the exposures though? Do you mean like duplicate the image and underexpose one and rub it out to the other

Ohh, I'm in an HDR photography period now. Basically HDR lets you reproduce detail in both highlights, midtones and shadows, because we're blending different exposures of the same scene (one exposed for shadows, one of for midtones etc). We're reproducing a larger dynamic range.
 
Personally, I feel that if you'd lower your perspective, just a little, that would be better. I really like the colours in this, the cool, lonely feel of it, that's brilliant. I'm not sure if the blown sky adds to it or not. If you could expose another photo for the sky, and blend those exposures... Still, I really like it. 7.5/10

Hallway:

HDR gangen by Bokehliciousness-ness, on Flickr

Doorway not straight. Everything is kind of an equal beige tone. Looks like you were just experimenting with HDR and not really finding a good subject.
4/10

Here's an HDR for ya:


fluff by Lyonsroar91, on Flickr
 
What if I descend into ad hoc explanations, and say that the hallway was my subject and I wanted to show off our lovely beige colour cast? :lol:
 
What if I descend into ad hoc explanations, and say that the hallway was my subject and I wanted to show off our lovely beige colour cast? :lol:

Don't make me call bitter in here...
 
are you using only one image for hdr or more , i'm referring to the waterfall one ?

i tried to make a hdr image with only one photograph , but i think i did not chose the right object for my first try .

hdrharmonica.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom