What's new

Rate the photo above you

While this picture is reasonably well-exposed - the highlights aren't blown and there is some detail in the shadows - it just doesn't have anything much of interest that would encourage the biewer to look again and get something out of it.

If you lift the dark shadows of the helmet, there is some detail there but nothing specific.
The idea of using the helmet might have been more interesting if you had used that reflection to capture something tha extended the idea of policing, civic responsibility, etc - anything but a dark blob at the power point.

6039671686885fe9a222bll.jpg


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Baltimore08264_DSC2518ed.jpg
 
Last edited:
7/10, not sure about the composition

Pelican-2.jpg
 
7/10, the way it is cropped annoys me.


This was a fun shot I took of my parents during the most spectacular red sky night.

34pi683.jpg
 
I think I got short-changed here.
After making an effort to say something useful about someone's shot and posting my own shot, I get a single short meaningless sentence about the composition.
7/10, not sure about the composition
and then the author posts a picture of his own photo equipment.

This thread has certainly degenerated into the worst kind of crap.

If people who are not comfortable or experienced with critique refuse to make an effort to do some, is it any wonder that the more experienced people virtually biycott the thread?
 
I think I got short-changed here.
After making an effort to say something useful about someone's shot and posting my own shot, I get a single short meaningless sentence about the composition.
7/10, not sure about the composition
and then the author posts a picture of his own photo equipment.

This thread has certainly degenerated into the worst kind of crap.

If people who are not comfortable or experienced with critique refuse to make an effort to do some, is it any wonder that the more experienced people virtually biycott the thread?

Your pic didnt show anything interesting and the blur just hurt my eyes, and the high iso is annoying, don't understand what the subject is.
3/10
 
7/10, the way it is cropped annoys me.


This was a fun shot I took of my parents during the most spectacular red sky night.

34pi683.jpg

Hmm its a nice idea, and i quite like it, it puts me off that your dad is way taller and takes up more of the frame though haha 6/10



montyy by Skateboard C 91, on Flickr
 
7/10, the way it is cropped annoys me.

Do you care to elaborate? As Traveler stated about their shot, this isn't really a useful critique.

It seems like this thread has become more about just posting a quick number to move on and posting some of the rater's own.
 
7/10. There's a little too much head space - a tighter crop would be better, and the door/door jam behind him is a bit distracting.

What do you mean by tighter? any tighter horizontal ways and i would either cut off his ear or tail, if you mean vertically tighter like cutting more of the door off then i can relate to that.

Anyway 7.5/10 nice close up umm not digging the colour too much

2 pics, kinda... kinda cheating ;)

mont by Skateboard C 91, on Flickr
 
Last edited:
8.5/10 Great capture!

nik642901.jpg
 
I think I got short-changed here.
After making an effort to say something useful about someone's shot and posting my own shot, I get a single short meaningless sentence about the composition.
7/10, not sure about the composition
and then the author posts a picture of his own photo equipment.

This thread has certainly degenerated into the worst kind of crap.

If people who are not comfortable or experienced with critique refuse to make an effort to do some, is it any wonder that the more experienced people virtually biycott the thread?

If you look back at page 4 and 5 the thread had already started degenerating into meaningless babble stippled with ego stroking.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom