What's new

Really torn on a solid lens for softball

FLHX2k8

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 21, 2016
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am currently shooting a Nikon D750, and a Tamron 70-200 2.8 VC. It worked great for my daughters basketball games, but im having to "crop to zoom" a lot more than id like for her softball photos. I can get great shots when shes batting, and i can position myself on the 3rd base line when shes running from 2nd to 3rd. But other than that, im very limited. I'm considering the Nikon 70-300 4.5-5.6 VRII. I know its a variable aperture lens, and limited during bad lighting. But im curious how much success other people have had using this lens for daytime outdoor sports. A 300 2.8 isnt in my budget, and this is the next best thing I can find. Thanks in advance for the help.
 

Attachments

  • _DSC5313.webp
    _DSC5313.webp
    587.9 KB · Views: 292

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom