SkeletonCrew

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ahoy hoy, I have a quick and rather strange question about the Recesky TLR kit camera that I hope someone here can solve. You see for some reason my shot counter does not work properly, it just goes about halfway and stops, which is good for using the camera for experimental photography and not knowing what will come up, but on occasion I would like to actually frame and know a shot is a single exposure.

So my question is - if my indicator point is pointing up on the film advance nob, how many turns does it take to be sure it's in the right frame for the next spot?

My understanding is thats a home built "toy" camera and its possible something was assembled incorrectly on it. It may be worth it to strip it down and confirm it was built right.

As for turns there is no set amount as the number of rotations changes as the film spools onto the takeup roll and effectively makes the roll "bigger".

My understanding is thats a home built "toy" camera and its possible something was assembled incorrectly on it. It may be worth it to strip it down and confirm it was built right.

As for turns there is no set amount as the number of rotations changes as the film spools onto the takeup roll and effectively makes the roll "bigger".
It will take slightly less turns as the film advances because the diameter of the take-up spool increases as you shoot and wind. I would just use the same amount of turns as at the start of the roll.

I have a pinhole camera (using the term loosely) called a Pinhole Blender, which is basically a tin can with a lid; you have to count the turns when you advance the film. I think there were instructions but it could be a certain amount of guesswork I suppose.

Or try putting a strip of paper in it and mark it then see how many turns it takes to advance the film to where it would need to be for another exposure (I might have tried that, it's been some time ago). I overestimated and kept adding a couple of turns and ended up with too much unexposed film in between exposures, but at least I avoided double exposures.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back