Roger3006

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.midsouthgunslinger.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello Everyone

I made the transaction to digital kicking and screaming; however, I am having fun with it. I quickly found I needed an image editor.

Can anyone recommend a good book Photoshop Elements 10? I bought the software and I am attempting to learn how to use it. Video training would be great.

I am open to any and all suggestions.

Thank you for your help and have a great weekend.

Roger

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Www.photokaboom.com has 100's of tutorials for elements. I used it to learn elements 9 (and it helped with photoshop as well) so ever tutorial will work for elements 10 as well. The site is broken up into different sections. There is a place for beginners to start and it will lead you through. It has everything from raw workflow tutorials to skin smoothing to cropping.....it has pretty much everything.

You can't go wrong with any book from Scott Kelby. The Elements 10 book is not out yet, but Amazon is taking pre-orders for it.

Stay away from the Adobe Classroom in a book series, though. I found the books too technical and hard to follow, setting it down to never be picked up again.

Thanks Megan, KmH, Tony, and 2WheelPhoto,

I have checked out PhotoKaboom.com, joined elementsvillage.com and am getting ready to buy The Photoshop Elements 9 Book for Digital Photographers. Verson 10 of the book is not going to be released until January.

Is my assumption correct that there are very few differences between V9 and V10 of Elements?

Tony, where did you shoot the photo of the elk?

Thank yall again and have a great weekend.

Roger

That Roosevelt elk was shot here in Washington State .

Interestingly, I found the Adobe Classroom in a Book series not technical enough, basic, and very simple to follow.

Scott Kelby's Photoshop books are collections of tutorials that demonstrate fairly specific and common edits, while neglecting a lot of details and whys. But having an engaging writing style, Scott Kelby is the best selling Photoshop author on the planet.

Elements includes an image organizer, and a de-featured Raw converter - ACR (Adobe Camera Raw). CS5 and Lightroom have the full featured version of ACR.

Real World Camera Raw with Adobe Photoshop CS5

Real World Image Sharpening with Adobe Photoshop, Camera Raw, and Lightroom (2nd Edition)

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back