request receipt pop-up

Just wanted to say, THANKS CHASE for ridding us of the pop up box :D

Artemis said:
You know if you click cancel...:p
HA!!! Dan, you're the one who fuelled my hatred of the read receipt by never ever clicking cancel on your PMs. hehehehe. You evil boy. ;-)

Oki...so now ive made enemies with Meysha and Chase....Terri? I need help...

Me...? How can I advise you, here, honey?

um......turn and flee? :mrgreen:

Hmmmm, so Chase... what shall we do with out little friend here??? Maybe torture him with a thousand million read-receipt pop ups! mwa ha ha ha!

I say we, erm, I mean you... tie him up and put a life size photo of his girlfriend just out of reach. :twisted:

Ohhh that does sound like fun now!! Pete you are just tooooo cruel!

Oh but Chase, I've got another problem for you wrt to read receipts. You know how under the status bar of how many msgs you've got saved, it lists how many confirmed and uncomfirmed read receipts you have. Well I still have 2 unconfired ones in there and I thought I'd see what they were. So I clicked on the link but it popped up with this message:

Meysha, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Everything else on TPF works fine for me though. So I'm thinking maybe coz you disabled the R-receipt, this link doesn't work anymore either.

Just one point.
Is there some way of getting a pop-up for when you want people to confirm that they have read a PM?
When I send a PM to someone on Mod business I need to know if they have read it.
Currently I have 30 unconfirmed PM's. Some going back weeks.
Being able to force a pop-up ro appear when someone opens your post and removing it flags up a 'read' message would be nice - or better still no pop-up but just an automatic confirm when the post is opened?
Is this possible?

Pete you are just tooooo cruel!
No, I'm not cruel. :grumpy:
I'm bad! :biglaugh:

Yeah, its a by-product of the change. I think you're stuck with them
Why not open up private.php in notepad, find the table for that part and delete it? It'll stop these dizzy blondes complaining. :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back