roommate in the kitchen

Jeremiah Johnson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I kind of like this one but feel like it could be improved if I knew how to edit at all. I have photoshop but haven't learned how to use it much. Any ideas?

IMG_0324.jpg

i like it too. the issue here is extreme low lighting of the interior which has produced a lot of grain, and it looks like the camera set the white balance for the outdoors throwing the interior lighting off a bit. maybe you could capitalize on the grain and convert to b&w. that i believe would save it nicely. just my .02

This one makes me wonder whether I am looking at a colour photo or a sepia one?
I really like the idea of this one, i.e. capturing that shaft of sunlight coming in from the window without destroying it by the use of any flash.
However there is some light coming from the front, too, else what lit up the cupboard door knobs? Are there two windows in this kitchen?

Like JonMikal, I see the grain, too, though.
You might consider downloading (for free and off the net) the demo version of NeatImage (www.neatimage.com) which is a nice little tool to fight grain/noise, and easy to use if you use their automatic settings for beginners. Even those already often produce the results that you look for.

LaFoto said:
This one makes me wonder whether I am looking at a colour photo or a sepia one?
I really like the idea of this one, i.e. capturing that shaft of sunlight coming in from the window without destroying it by the use of any flash.
However there is some light coming from the front, too, else what lit up the cupboard door knobs? Are there two windows in this kitchen?

Like JonMikal, I see the grain, too, though.
You might consider downloading (for free and off the net) the demo version of NeatImage (www.neatimage.com) which is a nice little tool to fight grain/noise, and easy to use if you use their automatic settings for beginners. Even those already often produce the results that you look for.

Thanks for the advice. This was taken in sepia; I was messing around while something was smoking on the stove; that's what was catching the light. The other light is coming from above the stove, just out of the picture on the left. I will definitely have to try that program (or remember to adjust the white balance in the future!).

Most reactions

Back