Saturday High School Football just like the old days

MSnowy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I haven't done many football games because in Massachusetts most high school games are played under crappy lights on Friday nights. So I saw on line a day game was scheduled for Saturday just like the old days. Good news no rain but no clouds either. The bad news I was only able to shoot into the sun.

i-mTWpbJb-XL.jpg

i-hrG6v62-XL.jpg

i-W3rhjg7-XL.jpg

i-DfD79GQ-XL.jpg

i-Z592Z9Z-XL.jpg

i-pk82r7q-XL.jpg

i-QXpQ9Fx-XL.jpg

i-Z385wbm-XL.jpg

i-KKXdNhj-XL.jpg

Nice action shots!

YAY, a DAY game.
Generally our varsity games are at night under lights. And I am shooting at ISO 6400, 1/500 sec, f/4.
I much prefer day games where I have plenty of light, to shoot at a lower ISO and a faster shutter speed.

No matter how many times I tell the kids, IF YOU HAVE A DAY GAME, SHOOT IT. They just don't listen, and they have to struggle with night games, and shooting at ISO 12800.

I do not think I have ever seen regular season, non-playoff daytime High School varsity football shots. Wow it is so nice to see those faces inside of those helmets.

In my state the only daytime games we have are in the playoffs, with the exception of junior high and JV games which are typically played in the early afternoon.

Shooting football with daylight ????? That feels like cheating. I think I'd burst into flames if I did that lol

colors are throwing me off...

I also hate shooting into the sun.
I did it ONCE.
The field colors were off, players were HEAVILY backlit, contrast took a hit from the sun hitting the front element.
I went to the other side of the field, until the sun set behind the hills. Much easier to shoot, with the sun at my back.

I do not think I have ever seen regular season, non-playoff daytime High School varsity football shots. Wow it is so nice to see those faces inside of those helmets.

In my state the only daytime games we have are in the playoffs, with the exception of junior high and JV games which are typically played in the early afternoon.

We have a couple schools in the area, that the "affluent" neighbors have prevented them from having night games.
So they do day games; either afternoon (right after school), or Saturday.
Or they go to another school and use their stadium, for a night game.

Melrose played Lincoln-Sudbury during the day last Saturday as well. There was a EEE threat in L-S so they moved the game here. The soccer team had the field on Friday night so they had to go with the Saturday opening.

I just got back from a night game where portable lighting was installed for the game.
I talked to a school alumni, and he said that is the FIRST night game that the school had in over 20 years.

They also do not have a speaker system. Too much noise.
They gave out headsets that received what would have been on a speaker system.

Affluent (rich) neighbors who control the city and the school.

Nice set Snowy. I probably would have left #4 and 5 out, but that's just me.

Daytime football is nice.

Thanks. funny you mention those pictures. The parents of the #5 picture loved it and #4 got a lot of comment from the players on the blue team

The school the game was at is a small under-funded tech school that can’t afford lights or synthetic turf.

I also hate shooting into the sun.
I did it ONCE.
The field colors were off, players were HEAVILY backlit, contrast took a hit from the sun hitting the front element.
I went to the other side of the field, until the sun set behind the hills. Much easier to shoot, with the sun at my back.

Ya totally agree it would have been nice to get to the other side of the field but that was off limits

Most reactions

Back