Saying you like something

As for me, there are still other factors that influence my critique.

Sometimes the photograph is just not that good. So if I perceive the photographer is rather inexperienced, I'm more likely to give a one-word comment. Furthermore, if the photographer has already admitted that the photograph is one of his/her favorites, then any negativity would be seen as generally disparaging toward the photographer.

Another type of post is a photograph that is superb, and IMO the photographer needs no further help. Additionally, if the specific question is about editing, I probably won't write anything because my own editing skills are quite low.

Yet another factor is my own mood/current state. If I have the time and energy, I can usually come up with something, but if I am rushed, or it's late, or whatever is happening at my house, I might not take the time to offer much in the way of critique. Along that line; I might view a photograph on one day, but then offer some comments a day or so later.

I think of TPF as a collection of people ..

Hmm... Derrel's typing in Times New Roman font. I wonder what he MEANS by that?

I think Vince made a good suggestion, that there be somewhere on the board for more in-depth critique. That might be a good option for those who would like that as an alternative to the Photo Galleries, where as stated what's posted are "Photos submitted by members for general display or critique" ('general' maybe being a key word).

The reality of it is that everyone has jobs and kids and whatever and might only post a quick 'like' or a brief comment. And this is a busy site where a lot is posted every day so only so much in the way of comments might get posted on any given photo.

Most reactions

Back