serious advice please....

captain-spanky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.higg.co.uk
i needed to get an 'in deepest sympathy' type card today but they didn't have any that didn't sound a bit tacky/clichéd/insensitive and so i've made this myself over a rather limited timespan and i was just after a bit of feedback really.... I'm going to search for a quote about 'losing a great man' or something to go on the inside but i was wondering if the outside graphic was expressive enough/appropriate? any thoughts?

a-better-place.jpg

but obviously it's not going to have the big copyright text along the side...

I like the sky images, especially the one with the wispy little cloud..... frankly, showing the ground seems....I don't know, a bit blunt, maybe...? I think it may be more comforting to keep the reader's eyes on the heavens, if you know what I mean. Does that makes sense? I'm not religious, but I think most people like to gaze heavenward when they think of a loved one's final resting place, as opposed to 6 ft under. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks Terri.... i think that was the source of my uncertainty... I wasnt sure if people would see it as a 'from the ground to the sky' image or a 'into the ground' kinda image... I'll see if i can replace the grass with another sky shot...
Thanks for your feedback :)

I agree with Terri.

wasn’t sure if people would see it as a 'from the ground to the sky' image or a 'into the ground' kinda image..

I think if you really want that effect, you need a more gradual sequence (one image could be the horizon rather than two blue images). Because the last image I feel that I had just fallen from the sky and hit the ground, rather than gone up to it to heaven.

IMO, maybe put the ground first then the gradual sequence to the image with the cloud? Or just leave out the ground image and add another cloud image in its place? I personally don't care to see the ground, I would rather have the sky images and that's it.

thanks both :)
I've replaced the grass with sky and i feel a lot better with it. I tried a few different clouds and none of them seemed to 'balance' the card... so i'm thinking the single cloud in the top image has more impact if the other 3 are just sky.

a-better-place2.jpg

Much better :)

Too bad you couldn't find another cloud image to add. Do you have a cloud that's coming out of the left hand side like the one on the top is coming form the right hand side?

hmmmm. are you stuck on the sequence thing? cause if not, i think your first image does it all- no need for any of the others...

how about this? i can't decide now... i did a sequence previously only because i have just done some sequences on another project and i got stuck in the same 'mode' kinda..

a-better-place3.jpg

I tried a whole bunch of clouds photong, but they all felt either kinda unbalanced or too symetrical to the first... and as much as i'm a fan of symetry, it just didn't feel right for me this time...

Bingo! I like the single image better - it adds more. With the text placement, the cloud location in the image is perfect. Really nice job. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back