Sharing my shallow spider picture - C&C if you wish...

Olympus E300

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.fsharpphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In an effort to humorously traumatize my girlfriend (who is deathly affraid of spiders), I shot this photo a couple of days ago. It is now my desktop background. This little bugger woke me up when he tried to crawl into my ear. Not a pleasant way to be dragged out of slumber let me tell you. Anyway, I realize that its a basic photo with nothing of true interest - just a subject. But I thought that I would share it since I like the shallow depth of field. A much talked about topic here at TPF.

Cheers!
- Daniel

personally, i am biased towards spider photography LOL. I like this one, however would have like to see the legs a little more in focus. I have a couple new pics of my "pet spider" i am going to be posting a little later on that turned out fairly nice :mrgreen:

...would have like to see the legs a little more in focus...

Thanks for the input. The background and the foregound being blurry was intentional. I understand what you're saying though. Much of the subject's detail is lost and therefore reduces the overall impact of the photograph.

This fella was only about 1.5" in diameter. I was attempting to get the eyes as sharp as I could and let everything else around the head get soft. The light reflecting in the one eye is a little distracting I feel. Yet at the same time, I don't dislike the reflection. To finish it off, I added some vignetting in photoshop.

Cheers!
- Daniel

Most reactions

New Topics

Back