Sharpness... Please help.

IByte said:
Lol it's also $1700.00

It's below $300. Look on B&H. You may also find it branded as Rokinon. No AF, but pretty nice optics.

No auto anything. Notice the aperture ring on the lens body? The lens has no electronics -- no communication to the camera of any kind. You dial in the aperture and manually focus.

No auto anything. Notice the aperture ring on the lens body? The lens has no electronics -- no communication to the camera of any kind. You dial in the aperture and manually focus.

Not a bad time to learn, I'm wondering if the d7k would focus it....to the internets!!

Not a bad time to learn, I'm wondering if the d7k would focus it....to the internets!!

NOOOooooooooo it won't. The photographer will have to focus it. There is no auto focus.

TCampbell said:

Yes I noticed the aperture ring on the body. I'm quite familiar with rokinons and samyangs.

Did you try closing down your aperture some + raising your shutterspeed ?

Ya, I've tried everything else.. I'm fairly certain it has something to do with my camera/lens needing calibration as well as the auto focus being slightly jacked...

Going to play with it tonight.

Most reactions

Back