You were in a tough lighting situation.
Many people make the mistake of thinking that direct sunlight is the best light there is because it's all natural. It's actually some of the worst light you can get stuck working with.
As you can see from the picture and the comments in the thread, you have some pretty serious exposure problems.
There are a couple of things to keep in mind when shooting a wedding.
First, the bride is usually dressed in white and the groom in black. This screws with your camera because it's trying to make white 18% gray (under exposes the dress) and it's trying to make the black tux 18% gray (over exposing the tux). You have to dial in the proper exposure compensation to deal with this.
That doesn't really apply to your picture here, but I wanted to share that with you so you're aware of it.
With the shot here, there is one thing you could have tried and that would be to flash the bride with a speedlite. What, more light fixes over exposed brides?

Yes, it can.
Which brings me to my next point. Be sure to get flattering angles on your subjects. If you were shooting her from a position to camera right, and got more of her face in frame, a flash would have gotten rid of the harsh shadows, given detail to her dress and even made the sky blue.
Example:
I shot this sample image of my son this summer. I purposely didn't include the sky in the shot because it would have been blown out (white) or his face would have been black and the sky would have been a beautiful blue.
Here's a shot from a few moments later after I mounted my flash. This time I got lower to the ground and included some sky in the frame because I knew it would be blue.
Notice how his eyes are black in the first pic yet they are nice and blue in the second. The flash completely changed the image.
The moral to the story? Always think about composition. Get good angles on your subjects. Try to avoid unflattering lighting if possible. Finally, always have a speedlite (external flash), even if you're shooting outdoors. They're not just for dark rooms.
