Should I Buy the Fuji 35mm f2?

Have not yet found a Fuji lens that was a dud. I use the 35mm f/2 more than any others.

Another option is the Zeiss Touit 32mm f1.8. It is every bit as good as the Fuji lenses and will keep you from buying the exact same focal length a second time. It is the "normal" lens I use and I can recommend it without issue.

Another option would be instead of duplicating the same focal length try the 23 f2 or 50 f2. All are sharp and WR. Do you find you wish you had a little wider or longer sometimes.

If you want to keep the same focal length, professional photog Ted Vieira switched from the 1.4 to f2.

I'm new here, but I've been a Fuji user since the X-Pro1 first came out.

When I bought the X-Pro1, I also got the 35mm f/1.4.

I just looked at my Lightroom metadata, and out of 46,256 Fuji photos, I have actually taken 107 photos with the "35". So, no doubt, it must not have been very important to me. But, during the past week, I actually ordered a 35 f/2 and gave the 1.4 to my son.

Reason . . . smaller physical size and weather resistant. And, I'm going to "try" to go out with just one camera and one lens. (Rather than with a big bag full of stuff.)

I currently own an X-T4, X-H1 and X-S10 and will probably go with the X-S10. (or one of the others if the weather is bad)

The 35 f/2 is a beautiful little lens and I hope the one camera, one lens thing, will rejuvenate my love for being a creative picture taker.

I just looked at my Lightroom metadata, and out of 46,256 Fuji photos, I have actually taken 107 photos with the "35". So, no doubt, it must not have been very important to me. But, during the past week, I actually ordered a 35 f/2 and gave the 1.4 to my son.

Reason . . . smaller physical size and weather resistant. And, I'm going to "try" to go out with just one camera and one lens. (Rather than with a big bag full of stuff.)

I currently own an X-T4, X-H1 and X-S10 and will probably go with the X-S10. (or one of the others if the weather is bad)

The 35 f/2 is a beautiful little lens and I hope the one camera, one lens thing, will rejuvenate my love for being a creative picture taker.
This thread has been dead for 21 months!

Welcome to TPF! Fellow Fuji shooter here. I don’t use the 35 f2 that often but when I want to grab something that fits in my purse (w/ the xt2) and is super fast focusing and good in low light it’s perfect. Forcing yourself to get creative with one lens is a great idea. If you’re struggling with motivation, try our TPF weekly challenge prompts. New challenge posted every Sunday for the coming week. You can also go back and use the previous challenges when you want to shoot but don’t have a specific subject in mind.

Most reactions

Back