Should I share this Image ??

Mangelo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Its a Great blue Heron Being a Great blue Heron , buuuut Im not sure this is a sharable image ;0( , what do you guys and gals think ?? I was pleased to capture the image(s) but upon closer inspection in post its kinda brutal ..........
thanks
Mangelo

DSC_6661_zps86714bf3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd post it. It's a fine image and really quite tame. IMO
And welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum. You can post it in the general gallery fir c+c. People generally won't click a link especially from first time posters. Instructions can be found in the beginner section. Enjoy

Yes you can - generally speaking we don't have to censor much if anything for the wildlife section; though we'd generally ask for a gore warning in the title of the thread if it were a bloody scene of some kind (ergo a hunt and kill).

If you put image tags either side of the link you posted it will embed so people can see it.

Also because whilst this is a question its also more of a photo post I've moved the thread into the wildlife gallery and added the iamge takes for you (note that also critique is possible in all galleries barring the just for fun gallery).

As for the photo a cracking good shot of a heron with its prey!

I have some of a hawk with a little squirrel or chipmunk, and it's similar. I feel as though if you can't take seeing things like this, maybe one should look at pictures of wedding cakes or baskets. This is what wildlife do. That's how they live. AWESOME SHOT!!

I have some of a hawk with a little squirrel or chipmunk, and it's similar. I feel as though if you can't take seeing things like this, maybe one should look at pictures of wedding cakes or baskets. This is what wildlife do. That's how they live. AWESOME SHOT!!

Haha I totally agree and thanks !!

I have some of a hawk with a little squirrel or chipmunk, and it's similar. I feel as though if you can't take seeing things like this, maybe one should look at pictures of wedding cakes or baskets. This is what wildlife do. That's how they live.

No way! I just don't believe that! I can't support hunting, killing or animal cruelty! I buy my meat at the store!!

/hee hee

Very nice photo!!!

It's funny how we identify with different species. But if it was a fish rather than a cute little squirrel (chipmunk?), it would be OK. No one would give a second thought.

It's funny how we identify with different species. But if it was a fish rather than a cute little squirrel (chipmunk?), it would be OK. No one would give a second thought.

For me animal on animal violence is not so bad because animals aren't doing it out of malice as far as i know. When i see people hurt animals for sport, i do cringe and it does make me feel very uncomfortable because i cannot relate to a person like that.

Mangelo, welcome to the Forum. Images such as this simply portray nature. Great Blue Herons will eat just about anything. There are, or were, somewhere on the web, images of one consuming a small rabbit - yours is tame by comparison. As Bamps says - this is wildlife, this is what they do to survive. I do not see this as violent in any way - it is simply how nature works. In the heron's world, you are either predator or prey.

I think this is a great capture - the image is sharp and it shows a moment in the natural life of the heron and the squirrel. My only comment on the overall composition is that the cropping is a bit tight. I don't know if this is the whole image, or if you have actually cropped it. If it is cropped, then may I suggest that you check out the "rule of thirds" as to placement of subjects in an image. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

WesternGuy

I think you just did share it!

I like this shot!

That is awesome! I would love to get a great blue Heron with a rodent!

Excellent shot and this is part of nature at its best Survival.

Most reactions

Back