The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am constantly amazed by the way that 'things' have changed.

I was working away at my desks when Skype answered a video call from my Grand daughter.
She said she was calling to thank me for some money We had sent for her birthday.
She was on her phone and it didn't look like Paris in the background so I asked where she was.
'I've gone to Berlin for my birthday'
OK, I got that so I asked what was happening after graduation.
Well, I have a job offer in Paris to work in a video production house but I'd really rather take an offer in Shanghai a and work there for a while.'

I' m still excited about vacationing anywhere outside the US and she is turning down Paris to live in Shanghai.
:eek:ldman:

I wish I was starting over.

I know how you feel old man

^^

Already giving up before you're even starting.

I know im old when i catch myself telling those damn kids to get off my lawn

I think it's cool she has these options/opportunities available to her.She must be doing something right. :thumbup:

Well as long as your not wearing those big giant oversized ridiculous looking sun glasses you still have fighting chance.

Lew, your not showing your age... we all know you are an old fart and love you all the same.

Anthony

ps I'm starting over at 50.

Lew, I think your grand daughter is right. I'd never want to go back to Paris after being there for a week. As for Shanghai, well, brace for the cultural shock and after shock and post after shock!!!

She is graduating from American University in Paris and was only in Shanghai for a semester.
She's not crazy about Paris, beauty but dead.

What I envy is her complete indifference to any of the things that have tied me down.
I have had to slow down a lot.
Every time I go somewhere difficult, I think it may be my last hard trip.
I'm hoping to go back to Vietnam and Laos in early 2015 or perhaps India.
Depends on my wife's health.

Today, I was talking to someone about "Duck and cover!"

Most reactions

Back