Showing my age

Foreign travel in the last ten years or so, leaves me with a non secure feeling that I do not like.

Lew, different world. I thought I was adventurous when I went biking in my early 20's in Britain and France for a month or so. My youngest daughter, by the same age has visited most of the countries in Europe, lived for a month in Peru and over a month in Nicaragua. She's pretty fluent in three languages, and is working on her fourth.

I was a small town boy who went to college and grad school and then went back to a small town.
Whereupon the Army grabbed me and sent me to Asia for a while and then to Germany for 4 years where I got over my fear of the generic outside and learned to love the other.

My only fear is of not being able to travel because of other commitments and being confined to this one continent.
We are having some extensive work done on our house and I got started talking to one of the guys doing it who is from Turkey and now I have an itch to go there.
We'll see.

I guess I qualify as an old fart....I just turned 56....in Feb.

I was a small town boy who went to college and grad school and then went back to a small town.
Whereupon the Army grabbed me and sent me to Asia for a while and then to Germany for 4 years where I got over my fear of the generic outside and learned to love the other.

My only fear is of not being able to travel because of other commitments and being confined to this one continent.
We are having some extensive work done on our house and I got started talking to one of the guys doing it who is from Turkey and now I have an itch to go there.
We'll see.

A) You so need to go to Turkey.
B) Let me know if you want to learn phrases to impress him with your Turkish ;)

Most reactions

Back