Single photo HDR C&C welcome

KAikens318

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I used one photo that I had to see if I could turn it into HDR using the Exposure tool on Photoshop then merging in Photomatix. Other attempts failed but I actually kind of like the way this one came out. What do you think? (Minus the red that is on one of the middle posts)

New edited version, this one is much cooler...

DSC_0973-1.jpg

Last edited:
I like how the colors of the water and dock posts came out. I think the Strength setting is a bit too high. The dock itself is very artificial looking, even for HDR.

I think I just burnt my retna.

The strenght of the HDR / saturation is too high for my tastes, but then, I prefer HDR to be a tool to help me get an overall exposure and not something to throw me back to my acid days. :)

I love the textures in the posts near the water... I'm thinking if you could, somehow, get lower down and frame those up a bit more, might be nice.

Ive never been sorry I wasnt a druggie because I appreciate your photo here. It looks like a superrealistic painting. While over the top for some subjects, this is just fine. Its a nice texture shot with the wood, the water and the growth on the posts. And I really like the colors of the water. If the subject was a bit more interesting to me Id almost consider it a wall hanger. There is really a lot of small details worth looking at when you look around it.

Good HDR. Can you post the original?

Here is the original

DSC_0973.jpg

I like how everyone has a different taste in HDR. I personally like the 'over the top' ones sometimes that transform the photo into a drawing or painting look. There are few photos that can be done like that and look good, and I personally like this one over cooked in HDR. But that is just me and I certainly respect other people's opinions!

Don't let what others say change what you feel or think. Read it and absorb it, but in the end, if you are happy with your image, thats great. Different strokes for different folks :)

Don't let what others say change what you feel or think. Read it and absorb it, but in the end, if you are happy with your image, thats great. Different strokes for different folks :)

Lol love how it throws you back to your 'acid' days. ;)

Can I get some fries to go with that kentucky fried HDR? I love it. Sometimes It's no good, but there is a lot of cool texture to go with this.

Aaaand this is why I think HDR is being misused in photography. Frankly it is just too much for me, it's not a photo any more.

And thats a bad thing because....????

Just gonna take a guess that this is the photo forum?

....and there is no such thing as an HDR from one photo. An HDR is a Higher Dynamic Range than what the photo can capture with one image. What you have is a tonemapped image. As for the image itself, it is horribly oversaturated and over-contrasted for my tastes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back