What's new

SmugMug or Flicker... What are u using?

SandShots

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 27, 2008
Messages
213
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
SmugMug or FLickr,

what are u using to upload your photos to? Pro's and Con's?
 
I am using fotki.com . For $30 USD you get unlimited space and alot of other great features. It's well worth the $30 that you spend.
 
flickr PRO account is not free.. its $30.. smug mug is around $130.. but they do all your printing and stuff for you.. its a wonderful site. i'm not sure if there is a free smug mug, never looked into it
 
I am using fotki.com . For $30 USD you get unlimited space and alot of other great features. It's well worth the $30 that you spend.

Me too it's the best i've found....
I signed up for a pro Flickr account and just got frustrated with the layout upload design of it the browsing features for me just don't cut it.
There are so many sites like Flickr out there that are free.. like Zoom and others..

Fotki offers something different I love all the features and it just fits for me!
I know others say the same about Flickr so I guess it's up to you.

If you're interested in checking out Fotki and one of the many layouts check my sigi :) I think they are having a sale right now on membership but maybe that's for current members..
They have a month trial and a free membership but after the month I think you can only upload 50mb per month if you don't sign up for pro..

Becareful though Fotki is very addictive I spend 95% of my browsing time right there.. :wink:
 
Flickr is 25 bucks a year. And you can most definitely order prints through it. However Flickr is a social community first, web hosting second.

Smug Mug is Smug Mug. Really just a hosting site at the end of the day.
 
Zenfolio. For $40 a year you get unlimited storage for your photos. It's up to you if you want to sell them or just show them. There's also a $25 option that caps the storage at 1GB. Neither SmugMug nor Zenfolio offer free plans (although both offer a free 14-day trial). Check my Zenfolio page if you want. If you're interested, you can use this code to get a $5 discount: 4XD-5VV-39P. (Full disclosure: I get a $5 discount too.)
 
Smug Mug is Smug Mug. Really just a hosting site at the end of the day.

smug mug is NOT just a hosting site.. its a print service... an amazing print service at that... it allows me to put my clients photos online, and then my client can go order them, no work for me.. I take the photo, i put it on smugmug, i give my client their galleries address (which is usually "clientlastname.chrisburkephtography.com" they are given a password, and they personally order their photos in whatever size and prints they want, canvas', books, cards, you name it.. I set the price to whatever i want.... smugmug take a small portion of the amount, and they print the photos and send them the client for me..

its deffinatly NOT just a hosting site..
 
smug mug and flickr are 2 different services.. flickr is simply for hosting your photos... smugmug is for people to sell photos... I use flickr as a "web backup" (i also have a external HD for back up as well.. but I use my smugmug account to sell images to my clients

flickr: Chris W.T. Burke's collections on Flickr
smug mug: Chris Burke Photography- powered by SmugMug

smug mug is NOT just a hosting site.. its a print service... an amazing print service at that... it allows me to put my clients photos online, and then my client can go order them, no work for me.. I take the photo, i put it on smugmug, i give my client their galleries address (which is usually "clientlastname.chrisburkephtography.com" they are given a password, and they personally order their photos in whatever size and prints they want, canvas', books, cards, you name it.. I set the price to whatever i want.... smugmug take a small portion of the amount, and they print the photos and send them the client for me..

its deffinatly NOT just a hosting site..


i didnt know u can set your own prices.
 
Saying a photo website can print photographs is like extolling the virtues of a car that also can brake - most will have this standard, so there needs to be something that further differentiates. As I said, SMUG MUG seems more geared towards the hosting side of things with perhaps a more "business" mindset, Flickr is the social side of things. They BOTH have a printing service they contract through, and at the end of the day it really does depend on what exactly you plan to do with all those purdy photos.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom