SmugMug or Flicker... What are u using?

when you have a pro account ($130) you can... if your interested in getting one, let me know, I have a coupon to give you i think its $5 off a account

whats the diffrence between the pro account and non?

I have a Flickr Pro account and I think it's great once you learn to use it. I used to use Photobucket, until I realized I was sacrificing image quality through their hosting.

Take a Look! Exactly the same image hosted on both sites...

Photobucket:

DSC_0277-1.jpg

Flickr:

3077493837_37890447c9.jpg

quality wise I never had a problem with photobucket - however their resizing codes are not as good as those on flickr - or rather they apply less sharpening to shots which are automatically resized by their software.

I use flickr and love it! I'll purchase a pro account within a month since 3 set limit is not enough. As a pro, you get unlimited storage, statistics and more. It's worth it ;)

I use smugmug, not because I'm in the business of selling photos, but I find it to be a very nice, no-frills hosting site. Photobucket and Flickr have too much "extra junk" for my liking.

Smugmug does offer lower-level accounts(non-pro) with plenty of features for much less than the $130 figure. I can't remember at the moment, but I want to say I have the mid-level Smugmug account which is $45/year.

I use an old desktop computer running a Cent OS based web server to host my own website off my home office Internet connection.

For posting photos on forums and such, I use PhyreFile, a simple, no-nonsense file host.

Pardon the pimping ;)

I just recently started using Flickr and upgraded today to the pro account. So far I really like it.

I use flickr and love it! I'll purchase a pro account within a month since 3 set limit is not enough. As a pro, you get unlimited storage, statistics and more. It's worth it ;)

3 set?

you can try picasa from google... you will get 1gb space, and you can upload it directly from picasa photo viewer... storage space upgrading option is also available...

I have recently purchased a Smugmug account. I had run a trial between Smugmug and Zenfolio. Both are great services and Smugmug won out on the slightest margin. I currently have pro account on flicker as well that I will be letting go. I just wanted a bit more control of my photos than I felt that I had on Flickr. They were a great starting point and I was with them for 3 years. I would probably keep both accounts if it didn't seem like I was wasting money.

smugmug gives a discount if someone else thats a member has a coupon.
or if I type in an existing members email address.

does anyone have either i can use?

I use flickr because like what was said earlier, it's more of a community site, and as a result has gotten me work.

And there's also pdx strobist on there, because we're cool like that.

trying to figure out why the watermark on smug is disabled. anyone?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back