SO I got a surprise when I got home from school today

coins - hiding spiders (there is always one to find!) - cobwebs - or you could get some water and try waterdrop art ;)

The problem is I dont have anything interesting to shoot in my house. lol. I'll come up with something until 10 pm EST today :p
You have a brand new macro lens and you don't have anything to shoot? Sure you do...that's the beauty of using a macro lens, you take something ordinary and boring and the macro lens lets you see those things in a whole new perspective.

When I got my EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM lens a few weeks ago I took pictures of a toy robot, a flashlight, a remote control and even the carpet.

Take some pictures of your keys...take some pictures of kitchen utensils up close, take pictures of any tools you have...take pictures of anything, you have a brand new macro lens to play with.

coins - hiding spiders (there is always one to find!) - cobwebs - or you could get some water and try waterdrop art ;)
I guess coins it is. I dont think I have spiders in my house...they usually die out once they breathe in the polluted NYC air lol

I dont think I have spiders in my house...

Look harder. I read somewhere that you are never more than 4 feet away from a spider. They're everywhere.

Unfortunately didn't find any bugs in my house yet....shall I set some bait? lol

looks like you will enjoy, lucky!

Spiders are indeed everywhere. *kills a spider* Especially when you live in an old university *kills another* residence.

Hah, just kidding. They're actually pretty wonderful. They keep the other pests at bay. Perhaps you could find out what they eat and lure one out...dead flies?

Should have got the 105! *chuckles at the fact that theres a 100 macro and 105 macro)

kidding :), great lens right there
I think the 100 is canon and 105 is nikon :p

Yup, the 105 is Nikon and it's over $800. I'll probably get it after I order my 70-200 and 12-24 :)

+ 1

and, my silly mistake.
love both but the Canon is superior IMO

wait sorry im confusing myself with the Canon 135 2.0, THATS a great lens.
(not that the 100 isnt)

How do you like it after having it a while? I am contemplating picking one up when I get my 70-200 so I have something I can shoot with when I am unable to go very far. Of course I shoot Nikon so I'll have to get the 105mm f/2.8, but it would open a whole new world for me when normal shooting isn't practical for that day.

How do you like it after having it a while? I am contemplating picking one up when I get my 70-200 so I have something I can shoot with when I am unable to go very far. Of course I shoot Nikon so I'll have to get the 105mm f/2.8, but it would open a whole new world for me when normal shooting isn't practical for that day.

I love this lens :D. On the bottom is one shot I took with it. A little dark b/c I went overboard on the PP but people still like it. I just can't wait to get to Poland and shoot some bugs and flowers (1 more day :D) I think this lens was a great investment and the 105 f/2.8 would be a great investment also. I've herd good things about the Nikon version so you have nothing to worry about :p
Here's the shot:
3658452475_d950806895.jpg

SS:1/125 f/3.2 ISO 100 and two external flashes at 1/32nd flash power at about 60 degrees over the subject.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back