So what happened to the colors?

redbourn

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
best-food.info
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The eggplant looks pretty much the right color and the rice is fine.

The sauce in the center was tomato colored and the chicken had no yellow or orange.

No cheese.

I had no success fixing it in PS or LR but I'm no expert.
chicken and eggplant.jpg

Help would be very welcome.

Attachments

• setup.jpg
    setup.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
I have said many times that the forum doesn't work with uploading images in Chrome.

You don't see that they uploaded.

I have said many times that the forum doesn't work with uploading images in Chrome.

You don't see that they uploaded.

I can't see a way to delete the extra uploads.

If it can be done then please tell me how.

colors look good to me, the fake blur does not.

The colors look fine to me, as well.
Try editing the post. At the bottom, you should see your attachments; there should be a "delete" option for each one.

colors look good to me, the fake blur does not.

I use Spyder so I think my monitor colors are pretty accurate but there was no orange on the plate and the chicken at the bottom looks like it has cheese on it so it looks like pizza. And the sauce in the middle was red and not orange.

How would you fake the blur in Photoshop? I don't know how to do it for real because the glasses are so close to the food.

The colors look fine to me, as well.
Try editing the post. At the bottom, you should see your attachments; there should be a "delete" option for each one.

Thanks after hitting edit you have to go to more options.

I agree colors look ok but you can add a color layer in PS to make the colors more like you want them, and thanks for posting a BTS images and I see you are using some tracing paper but this is only adding another layer of diffusion not making your light source bigger or softer. To make the source bigger you need to add some separation between the softbox and diffusion.

Here is my edit:
chicken and eggplant_EDIT.jpg

Last edited:
its been my experience that adding red tomotao sauce to chicken colors it yellow -- the plate does not look like any cheese is present. It looks exactly how I'd expect it to look. But you have to remember when doing this sort of lighting, you lighting the food in a way that you wouldn't normally view the food.

I wouldn't ever add blur, that's how I'd do it.

FYI, the salad looks weirdly blurred.
Maybe your lights are too high and getting a lot of reflection thus colors are off ?

I agree colors look ok but you can add a color layer in PS to make the colors more like you want them, and thanks for posting a BTS images and I see you are using some tracing paper but this is only adding another layer of diffusion not making your light source bigger or softer. To make the source bigger you need to add some separation between the softbox and diffusion.

Here is my edit:
View attachment 117018

Thanks for the post.

I don't know how to create a space between the softbox and the paper - any ideas?

Which type of color layer are you referring to?

I tried hue and saturation and also photo filter.

I just checked some leftover sauce and it is more orange than I remembered but there's no yellow so that is what I will have to work on.

FYI, the salad looks weirdly blurred.
Maybe your lights are too high and getting a lot of reflection thus colors are off ?

Well I blurred the glass and salad in photo shop trying to create a dof but didn't do a very good job of it.
I couldn't create it in the camera because the two props are so close to the plate and the food.

I don't like the photo but it's good for me to experiment.

its been my experience that adding red tomotao sauce to chicken colors it yellow -- the plate does not look like any cheese is present. It looks exactly how I'd expect it to look. But you have to remember when doing this sort of lighting, you lighting the food in a way that you wouldn't normally view the food.

I wouldn't ever add blur, that's how I'd do it.

Just realized why I found the threading very strange. I've been using the multi-quote.

You're right, I just checked some left over sauce and it is more orange than I remembered but it's not yellow.

Is there a way for me to get blur on a background when the props are so close to the featured object?

Thanks.

shot a little wider, or move the focus closer to the foreground.

I like blur done with optics, not with PS filters.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back