socialized medicine

Status
Not open for further replies.
What other choices have been put on the table? Is there a better way? Then please do share it. I m not saying that in a nasty way, I just want to know what our options are.

As I mentioned earlier, my favorite health care system is the one used in Taiwan. Single payer system where the payer is the government. The government sets the rates for the whole system (hospitals, drugs, doctors, etc.) To be honest I don't remember now if doctors can charge more than the set rates. I know they can in France and if you choose to see one of those more expensive doctors, you pay the difference. Your choice.

I'll admit that I could not care less if we put the health insurance companies out of business. They've been scr*wing us so long that, frankly, good riddance.

But, if enough people feel sorry for the insurance companies, there's always the japanese system. This one uses private insurance companies but the government sets the rates just like in Taiwan so that the insurance companies basically compete with each other by way of the quality of their customer service. Wow, imagine that :lol:

What other choices have been put on the table? Is there a better way? Then please do share it. I m not saying that in a nasty way, I just want to know what our options are.

I'll admit that I could not care less if we put the health insurance companies out of business. They've been scr*wing us so long that, frankly, good riddance.

Amen

And thanks I m going to read up pn some of the stuff you posted...:D

Fun's over, kids. This thread is closed.

For those who apparently have not read the FAQ's they agreed to abide by when joining this forum, here's a quick down & dirty summary - right here in OT.

Thanks for your compliance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back