Some C&C on this please

Scarecrow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
zacks.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this of my son and was wanting some tips for next time.
$IMG_1061-L.jpg

ISO 400, 24mm f/4.0 1/60 sec.
If needed I can also post the original that is in color.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Not bad. Too much body in the photo. Try moving yourself closer to his face, as well as changing the angle of the shot so the knees aren't the first thing popping out at the viewer. Accentuate the facial features, if that's what you want to capture.

It's a cute photo and the stripey outfit works really well in b&w

I think i've have had the light higher up - having it lit from below and having the nose shadow above rather than below the nose etc is always going to look a little odd unless there's a specific reason why the light should be coming from below - our brains are used to seeing people lit from above. Doesn't need to move very much, just a tiny bit

This seems strange to me. Like I just entered "Land of the Giants" and this guy is going to step on me like an ant :scratch:

Ralphh Thanks for the tips. When I took the shot he was sitting up on the couch so I had a perfect backdrop with a natural support to hold him up. I was sitting on the floor in front of him when I took it so yeah it was pointing up at him next shot I will be pointing down at him..

Most reactions

Back