Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Be hard on me !

FYI: Low res due to facebook, they look much better in light room

8734_167319081504_510701504_2558804_2414374_n.jpg

8734_167319071504_510701504_2558802_7487883_n.jpg

8734_167319111504_510701504_2558807_6832331_n.jpg

8734_167320161504_510701504_2558819_5432005_n.jpg

I have more but for now do these please...

I use a cannon 50d, for the sports it was my 70-200mm

2 and 4 are a little too overexposed for my liking...1 isn't bad... Just nothing really catches my eye...3 seems a bit off... Could be the overcast, but seems to dim... Keep on shooting though!

To be quite honest, my favorite one is the 3rd one in terms of composition. Would have came out much nicer on a bright day. The others look like snap shots to me though.

can any of these be saved in light room?

can any of these be saved in light room?
Saved? Meaning will you be able to bring down the exposure on them? Probably if you still have the raw files. (Assuming you shot in raw)

To be quite honest, my favorite one is the 3rd one in terms of composition. Would have came out much nicer on a bright day. The others look like snap shots to me though.

ditto.

#1 comes off as more of a quick snapshot then a portrait. Things like distracting backgrounds (ie chair, picture frame coming out of someone's head), elbows cut off and how the person on the left seems to have just jumped in the image make it seem rushed.
#2 Its a nice action shot, but its way over exposed. You also have alot of blur, probably due to shooting with too slow of a shutter speed.
#3 Not too bad. Comes off as a moment frozen in time, due to the chaotic action happening to the left of the QB, which is great. I would of loved to see the ball in focus and the rest blurred, but thats just me.
#4 Again, too over exposed. The subject is too centered as well

If you are shooting with a 50D and a 70-200 (2.8 or 4.0?), in sunny conditions, you should be able to get a fast enough shutter speed to freeze the action in #2.

#1 comes off as more of a quick snapshot then a portrait. Things like distracting backgrounds (ie chair, picture frame coming out of someone's head), elbows cut off and how the person on the left seems to have just jumped in the image make it seem rushed.
#2 Its a nice action shot, but its way over exposed. You also have alot of blur, probably due to shooting with too slow of a shutter speed.
#3 Not too bad. Comes off as a moment frozen in time, due to the chaotic action happening to the left of the QB, which is great. I would of loved to see the ball in focus and the rest blurred, but thats just me.
#4 Again, too over exposed. The subject is too centered as well

If you are shooting with a 50D and a 70-200 (2.8 or 4.0?), in sunny conditions, you should be able to get a fast enough shutter speed to freeze the action in #2.

The picture of the girl running was shot with:
ISO 640
85mm
1/8000 sec
Lense 200mm

My problem is that I don't know when to use right right ISO/F stop/ shutter speed.

I know you want high shutter speed for sports thats why I have a high ISO.

Is there a rule of thumb for ISO/F-stop settings?

Yes, turn your camera to Shutter Priority, make it the fastest it will go before saying it is too fast due to light conditions. Shoot with that.

Mark

1/8000 is plenty fast for sports.

The speed of your shutter depends on how close you are to the subject and how fast its moving.

You probably could of shot this one at 1/800 or so. That would allow you to bump down the ISO to a cleaner setting like 200 (although 640 is probably good enough on the 50d). Seems that your focus is off

On the 2nd shot i think the focus is on the girl in orange instead of the girl with the ball??

On the 2nd shot i think the focus is on the girl in orange instead of the girl with the ball??

It might be, I was holding down the focus button while holding down the shutter so after ever flap of the shutter it would refocus. I was also panning so it might be.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back